Travel & Expense Senior Analyst (Chinese Language Specialist)
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
Job Description: Travel & Expense Senior Analyst (Chinese Language Specialist)
VMware’s Global Finance Shared Services has an opportunity for a China Language Specialist in Travel & Expense department. This role is based in Bangalore, India and will report to the Travel & Expense Manager/Supervisor (also located in Bangalore, India).
Significant components of the role:
- Audit expense reports based on expense audit rules and ensure compliance with the T&E Standard Operating Principles
- Strong knowledge of the Company’s Global Travel and Expense Policy and governmental policies, which ensures that the Company remains compliant with internal and external controls.
- Provide complete and consistent responses in a timely manner to T&E customer inquiry aliases
- Manage hard-copy receipts for countries where required
- Support administration of card programs, including card applications, card activations/deactivations, and related queries
- Timely communication to Supervisors/managers on technical glitches, escalations & conflicts if any
- Assist with internal and external audits, projects and initiatives for the Corporate Travel and Expense Program
- Liaise with GL and AP teams on payments and accounting reconciliation
4 to 6 years of experience as Chinese language specialist. Experience with Concur Detect (Appzen) and/or expense audits is preferred Experience with Concur, Cognos, SAP, and corporate card programs (Amex preferred) – Card applications & E2E Corporate Card Management will be an added advantage Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance is preferred Worked in a multinational company in Global Travel & Expense Operations is a plus Customer focused with excellent customer service skills Ability to manage deadlines, deliverables, and multiple priorities and pro-actively follow up with internal customers Must be able to work independently and in a collaborative team environment that fosters new ideas and efficiency opportunities for the team and program stakeholder Work well under pressure Confidence, good judgment, energy, and personality to work in a dynamic, multi-business unit environment across all levels of management Good written and oral skills with a demonstrated proficiency in English Highest standards of ethics and integrity Good Knowledge of MS Office – Specially MS Excel Analytical skills Accounts Payable knowledge (plus) Basic accounting knowledge (plus) Detail oriented, act with urgency & good code of conduct Team player
- Excellent command over Chinese language
- Strong academic background
- Basic understanding of Payment process and systems
- Flexible in work timing & shifts
- Should have basic understanding of SOX and concepts like maker-Checker
- Accounts Payable & General Ledger knowledge (plus)
- Foreign language (other than English) (plus) Flexible in work timing & shifts
- Strong understanding of SOX and other internal controls
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub