Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Technical Support Engineer - Level 2
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
Technical Support Engineer - Oracle DBA
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be providing support to customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
- Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learning’s for reuse throughout the organization.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies.
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings,
- Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations
Overall Work experience of 6 to 8 Years in Technical domain. Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing will be preferred.
Willingness to work in a 24/7 shift environment.
Experience with database related technology and administration SQL Server, Oracle dB (DBA), Postgres and Mongo DB
Experience with ESX Server and/or Virtual Center Server any versions
Experience with SQL query language and database queries handling
Troubleshooting Oracle/SQL Database issues
Deep Architectural Understanding and troubleshooting various available Clustering modes and concepts with Oracle and SQL
Linux command-line skills and shell scripting and/or programming
Experience in customization of Windows and/or Linux operating systems
Experience with Servers (Dell, HP, IBM, etc)
Experience with Server Management Software
Experience with Domain integration – Active Directory
Experience with firewalls and security related issues
Background in System Administration
Experience in providing voice based Technical Support is a key requirement.
Experience of working with global customers is an asset
CCNA / VCP / RHCE will be an added advantage.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.