Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Technical Program ManagerJob ID R1903651 Date posted 04/04/2019
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow expertly. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and drive our company to new heights.
VMware’s IT is looking for a highly motivated Technical Program Manager to own and drive cross functional initiatives. These initiatives are focused on building next generation capabilities for our SaaS business. You will work with a team of Engineers, Product Managers, QA and DevOps staff in Bangalore and globally. You will bring your technical and domain experience / expertise and drive the adoption of robust practices.
- Define and implement strategies for cross-functional platform improvement initiatives
- Set goals, build plans, drive and track progress
- Work closely with product development teams to implement improvements
- Keep stakeholders aligned and informed
- Provide updates on a regular basis to all impacted groups across the company
- Stay on top of industry news related to the initiatives (security, compliance, etc.)
- Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering and project/program management
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of driving cross-functional initiatives in larger companies
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end project lifecycle
- Solid knowledge of the tools and elements of project management
- Executive presence and Executive presentation skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Highly resilient. Recovers quickly from setbacks with renewed drive to reach end goals
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position is eligible for the IT Apps Hiring FY20 referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.