Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Staff Engineer – VMware AirWatch – macOS Platform
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
Senior Developer – VMware AirWatch – macOS Platform
VMware AirWatch is the global leader and innovator in Enterprise Mobile Security, Mobile Device Management, Mobile Application Management, Mobile Email Management and Mobile Content Management solutions designed to simplify mobility.
We empower organizations across a wide variety of industries to deploy, secure, track and handle all their mobile assets with advanced analytics and reporting. With VMware AirWatch, corporate IT departments can streamline and automate the management and support of mobile devices; reduce the cost and effort of device deployments; and increase IT efficiencies and response times.
As the largest Mobile Device Management provider, we offer the most comprehensive mobility management solution and deliver an integrated, real-time view of the entire fleet of corporate and employee-owned Apple iOS, Apple macOS, Android and Windows devices.
As a Staff Engineer, you will design, develop and improve the macOS Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application. You will have the opportunity to participate in all phases of the software development process. You will get a chance to work with and mentor a highly motivated and dynamic team of macOS engineers.
As a macOS engineer you should:
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, implement and ship exciting new features.
- Develop software using programming best practices, drive code reviews, performance reviews and security reviews while maintaining a high-quality bar and keeping timelines in mind.
- Gain expertise on Apple's MDM protocol.
- Diagnose and fix real world production issues.
- Mentor and guide junior team members.
- Participate in end-to-end product design, independently take calls on implementation including security, performance and refactoring.
- Communicate and work with a global team.
We expect you to:
- Have more than 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Be proficient with programming in Swift and Objective-C.
- Have a deep understanding of the macOS operating system.
- Have good object-oriented programming skills, experience with Cocoa APIs, frameworks such as Core Data, familiarity with building and consuming RESTful APIs, a good understanding of asynchronous programming and so on.
- Be comfortable with source control tools such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Have a quality driven mindset with a habit of writing unit tests in Xcode using mocking frameworks such as OCMock.
- Be driven and curious to explore the latest in technology and actively look to evaluate, contribute to and use open source software.
Good to have:
It would help if you additionally have:
- A working knowledge of LaunchDaemons and LaunchAgents.
- An understanding of the MDM landscape and the Apple MDM protocol.
- Worked in an Agile environment with Scrum and used tools such as Jira and Bamboo. Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and DevOps processes.
- Familiarity with automation testing platforms.
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries and the ability to reverse engineer and disassemble x86 binaries to discover undocumented functionality.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.