Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Staff Engineer - VMC on AWSJob ID R1905020 Date posted 04/15/2019
Staff Engineer – VMware Cloud on AWS
Learn about our group:
Within VMware’s Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU), this R&D team is responsible for developing platform and services needed for operating Software defined data center (SDDC) hosted on AWS cloud and other industry-leading cloud platforms.
To learn more visit: https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws
The role is a great opportunity for a software engineer passionate about developing SaaS/infrastructure software utilizing their knowledge of distributed systems.
Our team consists of super talented engineers, imbued with real ownership, and working in an agile culture of innovation and collaboration. If you aspire to work on industry-changing technologies, learn and grow your skills, and deliver high quality product that delights customers, then this is the job for you.
- As part of team, develop and operate a scalable distributed platform infrastructure to be able to operate SDDCs hosted in AWS or other public clouds.
- You will design significant components to solve hard but ambiguous problems while collaborating with other lead engineers.
- As a hands-on developer, you would actively engage in estimating, full software development cycle and operations of the service in a DevOps model
- BE/BTech/MTech in Computer Science or equivalent degree with 10+ years of experience
- Strong fundamentals in Distributed Systems, Concurrency, Clustering, and Multi-threaded systems.
- Very strong coding skills in JAVA
- Working experience on Micro Services, Kubernetes
- Top-notch analytical and great problem solver
- Ability to work effectively in a complex development environment
- Details and results oriented with bias for action. We move fast.
- Experience in designing, building, and maintaining functionality for highly scalable SaaS applications or infrastructure product development in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of vSphere software stack is a plus
Our main development technologies:
- Java, Spring Framework, Maven
- Tomcat, RESTful services, XML/JSON
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.