Staff Engineer QE [SCSI, FC, NVMe, File Systems] - Core Storage
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
The vSphere Core Storage team engages in every phase of the software development life cycle acting as trusted advocate for the customers.
VMware storage stack caters to the diverse storage needs in the virtualized storage world, including block, file and object storage over multiple transports and protocols.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building engineering systems, tools and devising strategies for delivering a complex and high-quality storage subsystem for VMware products.
Engineers are expected to collaborate with all stakeholders including Engineering teams, Product Managers, Release Managers and various cross functional teams to deliver state of the art solutions for the emerging cloud market.
As part of vSphere Core Storage, you will be a leader and evangelist for best engineering practices. You will work at conceptual and code level to create practical and cost effective solutions for product engineering.
You will be working closely with multiple engineering teams to participate in design reviews as well as coordinate the smooth integration of features into the product and help ship high quality VMware products.
Your role involves working alongside multiple product development teams to build tools to be used by development team as well as used in product test lifecycle. You will be responsible for designing and delivering an end to end system which is sustainable and scalable.
It’s an opportunity to be part of building technologies like NVMe,Hyper Converged Infrastructure and Storage, SDDC as a Service and Cloud Computing Infrastructure.
If you thrive in a creative, fast paced and dynamic environment come join our team!
This requirement is primarily for a candidate in storage domain with hands on programming experience.
As a senior individual contributor of the team we expect that:
- You have passion for high quality product delivery.
- Able to articulate the customer view point.
- Able to drive directions by leveraging data to make your case
- You are a self-driven, resourceful individual who takes ownership & pride on his/he work
- You have strong mentoring skills and lead by example
- You fully engage and collaborate with cross functional and cross locational teams
- You have the ability to negotiate and influence the decisions to best support the customer needs
As a senior individual contributor you will:
- Be part of designing and developing storage stack with multiple protocols e.g. FC, NVMe etc
- Be able to accurately define and formulate problems from complex situations.
- Strategize, Design, develop and execute in a large-scale framework that tests multi-dimensional aspects of storage virtualization for VMware vSphere products.
- Continuously innovate ways to deliver high quality products to customers.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of key processes and participate in continuous improvement activities like RCCA, project retrospectives, and related Initiatives.
- Define/develop/evangelise adoption of new tools and practices to improve quality and efficiency.
- Analyse and root-cause issues and report product defects and collaborate with other engineering groups towards resolution.
Competencies & Technical Skills:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with more than 4 years in Storage domain and 10+ years overall IT experience.
- Technical leadership in test design, building test strategy and Test Automation frameworks (preferably low level)
- Strong communication and influencing skills to drive your technical perspective across teams
- Strong understanding of Windows/Linux operating systems/networking
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Ex. C, Python, C++, Java)
- Exposure to High-Fidelity test environments.
- Broad technical knowledge including:
- Deep understanding of storage technologies (SCSI/ RAID/ NVMe/FC/ iSCSI/ NAS/SAS) on various storage device
- Operating system fundamentals (task scheduling, memory management)
- Software Development lifecycle - Good software engineering practices
- Software design principles and practices
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub