Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Software Engineer - Java, Spring, Networking basics, REST API, Cloud
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With Fiscal 2018 revenues of $7.92 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
At its best, VMware is a place, where we are valued for the complete people we are, where extraordinary progress is achieved for ourselves, our teams, our company, our customers, and our communities – and where even more progress is desired and expected. VMware is a powerful platform for all of who we are – individual, colleague, pioneer, citizen – a place where empowerment, accountability, and responsibility become the traits of ownership, and where each of us can own our future and achieve success through our own actions, on our terms. With 20,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities.
VMware’s Cloud Strategy and the Cloud Provider Software Business Unit (CPSBU) is focused on enabling a Multi-Cloud, Multi-Device World where seamless delivery of cloud services to end customers across a global network of heterogeneous clouds and endpoints is a reality. The Solutions Engineering team, within CPSBU, is at the heart of this transformational journey and is working on a few key initiatives to realize this vision. One such initiative is “SDDC Everywhere” that envisions a common SDDC dialtone across the Cloud Provider landscape and enables instant portability and ensures scale and performance assurances across these platforms. The development team for this initiative is based wholly in Bangalore, India and we are seeking individuals who are excited about solving complex technical problems and deliver these solutions to the market. You will be part of a new and exciting team that is responsible for building and testing a set of critical platform services that is used by partners and VMware to build and deliver infrastructure components/services that operate at high reliability and performance at scale with minimum human touch for our customers. This is a very hands-on a hands-on job where you will bring in a mix of technical/architectural skills, business insight, along with a deep understanding of the requirements and challenges of service delivery that will help in the implementation, test and delivery of the platform services.
Job Role and Responsibility:
You will be part of a new and exciting team that is responsible for building and testing a set of critical platform services that is used by partners and VMware to build and deliver data services on vSphere that operate at high reliability and performance at scale with minimum human touch for our customers. From development and, even more so, from testing perspectives it's a handful! Testing a system with various infrastructure, application, data and platform components and services, that span across the entire software stack is a huge challenge! And that's where we need you.
This is a very hands-on a hands-on job where you will bring in a mix of technical/architectural skills, business insight, along with a deep understanding of the requirements and challenges of service delivery that will help in the implementation, test and delivery of the platform services.
- You have a proven track record of challenging projects, showing 5+ years of experience developing distributed software products and/or services
- Proficient in Java programming, Spring, networking, cloud computing technologies
- You have extensive experience in Linux operating system, scripting (Shell/Python)
- You should have the ability to work in an agile manner and willing to participate through all phases of the service development lifecycle
- We automate everything. System test code is the backbone for our quality efforts and its own robustness and quality directly affects the entire development and delivery pipeline - excellent development and test automation skills are critical
- You should be detail oriented with a focus on implementation excellence
- You exhibit critical thinking and advanced analytical skills and qualities
- You are effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with effective written and oral communication
- You approach problems in a systematic manner and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and drive
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- Proficient in one of Python/Golang
- You to have worked with large relational databases, and database performance fine-tuning skills are a plus
- You have deep experience with vSphere and a very good understanding of VMware NSX and vSAN technologies
- You have experience in Docker, Kubernetes
- Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, empathy, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.