Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will provide support to partners and customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner.
To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Resolve customer issues via the telephone, email or remote session
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
- Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learning’s for reuse throughout the organization.
- Document case work accurately to ensure the correct level of detail is available for colleagues.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high urgency and or ambiguous situations.
- Strong experience in Virtualization & Cloud Computing will be preferred.
- Strong understanding of
- Storage (NAS/iSCIS/FC)
- Good understanding of some of the following
- Linux OS
- Window OS
- Scripting – Python/Perl
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.