Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Senior MTS - Internet of Things - Photon OS Edge Security
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
The Photon OS team is part of the IoT Business Unit and is responsible for delivering the groundbreaking Photon OS which forms a standard platform for IoT Edge gateways. The team focuses on cutting edge engineering and advanced projects around containers and operating systems engineering with a specific focus on security, performance and interoperability for Linux containers.
Building an operating system distribution involves various sub processes distributed among various servers in the data center.
The primary role for this position is to be responsible for the security aspects of Photon OS applied to the IOT and Edge Computing space.
This team is seeking engineers with hands on experience in the following areas:
- Take ownership of development and testing of security features in Photon OS
- Work with upstream Linux community to upstream security features developed for Photon OS
- Collaborate with external teams that require security patches and features in Photon OS
- 8+ years of strong development experience in C/C++
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently
- Strong experience and interest in distributed systems
- Bachelors, Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Completed coursework in operating systems, computer architecture, distributed and security systems, compilers and networking
- Outstanding attitude with excellent communication skills
- Team player with the willingness to work with global teams
- Development experience using GOLANG or Java
- Development experience on a UNIX/Linux platform
- Experience and understanding of Identity and Access Control technologies including Active Directory, LDAP, WebSSO, SAML, OAuth, OIDC, JWT and SCIM
- Experience with security technologies including OpenSSL, Kerberos, PAM
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.