Senior Manager, R&D
Bangalore, - IndiaApply Now Job ID R1902255
The VMWare Internet of Things R&D team is seeking to build the next generation IoT management platform. This is a unique opportunity to understand the upcoming field of IoT and potentially shape the market for IoT management products and services.
It is an exciting opportunity for an individual to lead feature development using innovative technologies, for a large application domain, working in cross-team and cross-geo environment and grow along with the business.
The team is looking for a successful engineering manager, who is an innovative and seasoned software leader with a proven track record in managing and delivering complex on-premise and cloud hosted products and services.
The ideal candidate for this position would,
- Bring broad technical experience, creative problem-solving skills, a passion for technology and coding, and a healthy dose of self-motivation.
- Thrive in fast-paced environments and can take calculated risks by balancing short-term and long-term imperatives.
- Passion for building software with great user experience; you have experience in building distributed systems, blended with a strong systems background.
- Be a technical expert and hands-on with software design and development and process engineering with deep understanding of software design, distributed systems, infrastructure software, private/public clouds services.
- Have strong interpersonal and organizational skills to build, mentor, motivate and manage multiple teams of high-calibre developers and technical leaders.
- Work closely with internal and external partners to achieve the team's goals in a dynamically changing market.
- Hold themselves personally accountable to product and customer success and take ownership of problems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of running Agile practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written & spoken) skills
- Proven track record recruiting and retaining top engineering talent and managing in a geographically and culturally distributed organizations
- Ability to distill customer specific user-cases and feature asks into generalized platform features.
- Demonstrated leadership, people management and communication skills including conflict resolution
- Comfortable interacting with executives, peers and engineers and advocating for the right outcome
- BS/BE/MS in Computer Science
- 15+ years working in the software industry with at least the last 5+ years’ experience in managing top notch software development teams
- Proven track record of building and shipping highly scalable, distributed applications, cloud services, protocols or Web Services & API development
- Strong CS Fundamentals, Data Structures, Algorithms and Coding skills in Java/C/C++
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking and internet protocols such as NTP, DNS, HTTP
- Demonstrated ability to understand and solve deep technical issues
- Strong software development and project management fundamentals
- Good understanding of testing and deployment tools and CI/CD
- Experience in managing full-stack/UI projects is a plus
- Familiarity with agent-based architectures and full stack development
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies and software-defined data centers
- Experience working with large scale internet deployments and traffic engineering
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub