Senior Analyst - FP&A
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today. In End-User Computing at VMware, we are in the business of helping customers bring Business Mobility to reality: transforming their high-demand applications, building and leading the next-generation desktop, and helping industries shift core business processes and operations to make things happen only possible in today's mobile environment. With over 60,000 customers around the globe, our End User Computing team is helping companies deliver work at the speed of life and our technologies are leading what's happening next for users across the enterprise.
Job Role & Responsibility
We are searching for good talent with experience in supporting the PSO Organization. The position will be based out of Bangalore and will need to operate in multi time zones based on business need.
You would engage closely with the Global PSO Finance Team, PSO Business Team , PSO Operations, Central FP&A and GL team.
In this role you would be providing Finance Support to the PSO Function supporting AMER GEO. Some of the key responsibilities would include:
- To engage closely with the Global PSO GEO Finance team and support on the major FP&A activities
- To engage with the PSO Business & Operations team in providing relevant Finance support
- To rollup bottoms up Annualized Plans for the PSO business by capturing the relevant business drivers
- To engage closely on the Monthly Forecast process
- To consolidate and present the Forecast bridges to the PSO Consolidation team
- To review and drive the Month Close process and take ownership for booking the relevant accruals
- To maintain and track Headcount Plans
- To support the Global PSO team on the various initiatives and projects which align to business priorities
- To be responsible for all the PSO Management Reporting
- To collate and support on the Quarterly QBR requirements
- To understand and address the requests from the PSO Business team
- To have a good hold on the critical systems like Hyperion, Changepoint & SAP
- To deal with Global customers ( internal ) and should be flexible to operate across time zones as per requirement
- To be a good team player and share best practices
- To have the drive to think out of the box and understand the business landscape very well
- To support during the Month Close Process and assist in accrual submission
- Cross Functional Collaboration with the PSO Operations, Accounting, Accounting, & Central FP&A
In this role, you will be part of the PSO team and engage collectively with the Global PSO Finance & Business teams in managing the FP&A support for the function. You have the ability to work in a fast pace environment engaging with Global stakeholders while adhering to team values. • You have to meet SLA’s as prescribed for the process • You would need to be very analytical and have a good hold on Budget modelling. • You have to collaborate extensively with the various cross functional teams in being updated on the process changes that impact the PSO organization.
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, empathy, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like: • You to have worked in an environment with interaction with Global teams, that is a plus • Having a good hold on Financial Modelling, Analytical mindset, KPI metrics and fluency in operating with Hyperion & SAP will be an added advantage.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub