Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Regional Escalation Manager
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
Regional Escalation Manager (REM)
The REM is a highly challenging and visible role focused on improving customer satisfaction with escalated incidents. This individual will act as VMware’s ambassador to the customer and as the customer's advocate within VMware; Engage and help drive escalated issues by coordinating the correct resources both internally and externally to interface with Senior Management, Engineering, Sales and Customers to resolve business and technical issues on all products and services.
- Act as the primary interface for local escalation management with regards to customer escalations.
- Prioritize & drive escalations with Continuing Product Development (CPD) to ensure visibility, traction and ultimate closure.
- Ensure the customer’s voice is heard throughout the escalation process.
- Set correct expectations and drive relief and resolution through effective communication.
- Monitor customer Problem Reports (PR’s) and work with the Global Escalation Manager and engineering to ensure appropriate resources have been allocated and the SR’s/PR’s are being actively handled in an appropriate manner.
- Provide regular regional status updates for all escalated Service Requests.
- Identify, trend, document escalation trends & collaborate with the Product Support Engineering organization on product defects and trends.
- Collaborate with the infrastructure functions required in escalations management.
- Analyze escalation performance metrics.
- Collaborate with the Global Escalation Manager and other REM’s to ensure process alignment and best practice refinement.
- Review and root cause all escalated service requests and use this information to effect continuous improvement within the service delivery teams.
- Create and maintain lines of communication with field teams (SE, Sales, and TAMs).
- Travel to customer sites and VMware offices as required.
- Take an active role on escalated critical customer issues as may be required.
Skills & Requirements:
- Customer Focus
- Display a strong sense of urgency
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to drive escalations through defined process to resolution
- 5-7 years in technical support preferably of a software product, and ideally an enterprise software product
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Demonstrated experience influencing people across functional boundaries
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with global or international operations
- Ability to work effectively in high stress situations
- BS Computer Science or equivalent
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.