Member Technical Staff
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
VMware's world-class, award-winning R&D; team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualisation. Members of the R&D; team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D; team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D; offices in: Silicon Valley; Burlington, MA; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
Group Description (End User Computing EUC – Enterprise Desktop Products R&D team)
Today's workplace is growing increasingly mobile. End-users need access to their desktops and corporate information from various devices and locations. For IT, the delivery, management and security of corporate desktops, applications and data is an exceedingly complex challenge. Our End-User Computing team is building the next generation platform for enabling the mobile, modern workforce. The Horizon family of products was developed around the vision that users now need a virtual workspace – a central hub for accessing all their desktops, business applications, services and files.
Windows desktops have been a mainstay of the enterprise for 25 years, but a fundamental shift is now underway affecting the way enterprise customers access desktops, applications, and data. This shift is driven by two large-scale trends: cloud computing, and the emergence of personal Internet-connected devices to replace PCs. Desktops, apps, and data should be accessible from any device, anywhere, transparently. VMware Horizon (View), as the leading implementation of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, is a key enabler for the desktop of the future as well as application delivery. VMware View is the solution that centralises desktops in the datacenter and makes them available remotely from multiple endpoint devices.
MTS (Horizon Enterprise/View)
- Working within a collaborative team setting with other developers to architect, design, implement and integrate new and enhanced features with the highest possible quality.
- Taking responsibility for the specification, implementation and the testing of key product features.
- Writing well-documented, high performance, reliable, maintainable Java code.
- Experience in automated testing and test driven development (TDD) using tools such as JUnit or TestNG.
- Proficient at creating the testing strategy, detailed test cases and creating test data.
- Documenting and performing thorough unit and functional testing, seeking reviews to ensure high quality bug free code.
- 3-6 years software development experience
- The successful candidate is likely to have a varied background and be familiar with a broad range of technologies and infrastructure.
- Excellent design and programming skills primarily in Java with a focus on enterprise server solutions.
- Proficiency in RESTful APIs and API Communications.
- Knowledge and previous experience of other languages including C and C++ is beneficial.
- BS/BE/Masters in Computer Science from IIT/NIT/Tier1-2 colleges
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail.
- Desire to work in an exciting environment, working on interesting projects and delivering new technologies and products to the marketplace.
- Hard-working with a "whatever it takes" attitude.
- Able to demonstrate effective teamwork both within the immediate team and across teams.
- Excellent communication (written & spoken) skills.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub