Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Member Technical Staff
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
vCenter Identity Management India team is seeking a passionate, strong software engineer to participate in the design and implementation of the next generation vCenter product portfolio.
As a senior technical member of the team, you will be expected to lead the team in the design, architecture and implementation of high quality, well-architected software products with specific focus on cloud, distributed systems, scalability, elasticity and SLA rollups into each component. In this role, you are expected to interact with Senior Architects, Product Managers, Solution Architects and occasionally, with Partners and customers to discuss and collaborate strategies for enhancing features and to come-up with the next generation products. Critical thinking and strong leadership skills is a must as the candidate will be involved in leading a team and making crucial road map decisions.
· Design and Develop roadmap items on schedule with high quality.
· Play an active hands-on role across the entire software development life cycle
· Collaborate in large-scale distributed systems design discussions.
· Employ test driven development practices as part of the development process.
· Ensure project clarity with all stakeholders and team members.
· 5 – 8 years of software development experience, strong Computer Science fundamentals
· Bachelor of Engineering or Master degree in Computer Science/Electrical or Electronics is a must
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-driven, self-motivated individual
· Passion to build large scalable systems
· Proven previous experience in complex distributed systems
· Deep knowledge of data structures and programming
· Ability to think of various Algorithms, given a problem
· Strong development experience in C and C++
· Strong experience in Linux systems
· Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
· Understanding about build systems, maven, make, ant etc. is a plus
· Knows how to work on Continuous integration and Continuous Deployment setup
Good to have:
- Experience in one or more of the following: SSO, WS-Security, WebSSO, LDAP, Kerberos, NTLM, SPNEGO
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.