Member of Technical Staff
Bangalore, - IndiaApply Now Job ID R1910879
VMware’s Mobile EUC User Experience Team is looking for a talented mobile developer to join our team and help us create the next generation of products for our organization. You must be passionate, even obsessive about creating great experiences for your users. Our organization fully supports the creative process and embraces design-driven product creation.
While VMware is a big company, our division feels like a start-up and is fast paced, iterative, exciting and fun. Our next gen products are bleeding edge and will push you to your creative limits. Forbes Magazine rated VMware as the 3rd most innovative company in the world and the products you would be working on every day, support that!
You will work very closely with designers and engineers to bridge the gap in understanding implementation challenges of the designs for mobile apps. You will evaluate product requirements and innovate new and meaningful ways to accomplish them with engineering team.
You will interact with various internal and external stakeholders, customers, marketing, and multidisciplinary development teams to use your apps to prototype and evangelize design ideas.
You would be expected to help designers translate their designs into usable proof of concepts and work through implementation challenges.
You will work with the design team to help architect design systems and frameworks for mobile apps in turn help that the engineering team build products faster and better.
- Design and develop native, enterprise applications operating on the Android platform
- Responsible for development that maintains backwards compatibility for multiple API levels
- Work with security and architecture teams to develop code following best practices
- Work with, and identify, leading libraries and frameworks for Android apps
- Take ownership of product quality and user experience
- 3-5+ years of experience in building mobile applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics.
- BE or higher degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Must love the challenge of quickly distilling complex problems into elegant, intuitive solutions.
- Skilled with Data Structures, Object Oriented Concepts and Design Patterns
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully handle multiple, high priority projects and tasks
- Ability to work well in a team environment and effectively communicate with other team members across the R&D organization, product managers and senior management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Agile, adaptable, and capable of delivering new products and features.
- Innovative and able to think outside the box.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Visual design skills are a plus.
- Skilled in using any design tools such as Adobe creative suite or Sketch
VMware is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen
security and go green.
Learn more: https://www.vmware.com/company/
End User Computing is one of the 3 core business units at VMware and is focused on delivering the next generation platform for enabling the mobile, modern workforce with the Horizon family of products. The VMware Horizon Suite was developed around the vision that users now need a virtual workspace – a central hub for accessing all their desktops, applications, services and files.
Learn more: https://www.vmware.com/end-user-computing.html
Why work for our Division:
Mobility is transforming business. From the constant proliferation of mobile devices, to new mobile form factors, to applications and services that empower a workforce, engage customers and re-imagine business processes, few trends will have as big an impact in transforming the way a business operates or competes in the market. Business Mobility is the core of innovation for businesses today, giving organizations the power to compete more aggressively, increase the effectiveness of employees and
connect with customers in ways that were previously impossible.
In End-User Computing at VMware we are in the business of helping customers bring Business Mobility to reality: transforming their mission critical applications, building and managing the next-generation
desktop, and helping industries shift core business processes and operations to drive results only possible in today's mobile environment. With over 45,000 customers around the globe, our End-User Computing team is helping companies deliver work at the speed of life and our technologies are leading what's happening next for users across the enterprise.
Why work with our Group:
At VMware, we see this broader trend of Business Mobility as having far-reaching implications for how mission critical applications are built, to how desktops are architected and managed, to how entire industries build and re-build core business processes and operations. Business Mobility is causing a fundamental shift in three key technology areas:
• Apps – desktop, SaaS and mobile apps are forming a new portfolio of business critical apps; accessing these apps anywhere, anytime through any device is essential to business results
• Infrastructure – the right infrastructure is essential to establish a new desktop architecture, for running key applications and for acting as the centrally managed data, files, security and preferences that
can be delivered to a portfolio of devices
• Networking – the future of networking is intelligent, dynamic and secure delivering the right resources based on the needs of the application
We're using this foundation to re-imagine and redefine how organizations large and small, in every industry, deliver immersive, high-performance virtual workspaces to end users, with unprecedented speed, simplicity, flexibility and cost-efficiency.
Mobile Applications UX team designs and delivers innovative “consumer-simple” solutions to complex enterprise needs. Our team is expanding to help build design strategy for VMware mobility division at Airwatch. We work on cutting edge technologies to help simplify the user experience of our mobile applications which are used in many areas including mobile content management, email management and digital workspace.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub