Manager – Horizon Enterprise
Bangalore, - IndiaApply Now Job ID R1811923
VMware's world-class, award-winning R&D; team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D; team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D; team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D; offices in: Silicon Valley; Burlington, MA; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
Group Description (End User Computing Horizon - Virtual Workspace Services team)
VMware End User Computing: Do you want to work on some of the most exciting aspects of VDI management and delivering value to our End User Computing Customers? Do you want to get in on a ground floor opportunity to build the next generation management platform encompassing VDI, applications, policies, personalization settings, monitoring and analytics? Do you want to work with a group of high calibre engineers focused on delivering applications and services to end user on any platform, any device?
VMware End User Computing group is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead one or more engineering teams working on Horizon Enterprise and cloud-based management. You will work on challenging and interesting problems addressing scalability, stability and ease of use for our flagship, widely adopted Desktop and Application Virtualization product. You will focus on integrating the current product into cloud-based management, brokering, monitoring and provisioning components, as well as working on Just in Time management for our multi-cloud offering. You will focus on driving the architecture, design, engineering efficiency and optimize the development process for continuous product delivery.
Successful candidate will have a strong self-directed work ethic to thrive in a fast pace environment. They bring broad technical experience, creative problem-solving skills, a passion for technology and coding.
The right candidate will have in-depth experience in building and shipping high performance, scalable high quality products to a large customer base. They have managed senior engineering talent and have a strong focus on product design, architecture and development. They are willing and able to get into the technical details and are hands-on.
The person should have strong interpersonal and organizational skills. They have a passion to build, mentor, motivate and manage multiple teams of developers and technical leaders. They are motivated to work closely with cross functional teams across geographic locations to ensure product delivery & customer commitments are met on time. They hold themselves personally accountable to product and customer success and take ownership of problems.
Required Skills and Background
- BS/BE/Masters in Computer Science
- 10+ years working in the software industry with at least the last 6+ years’ experience in managing top notch software development teams
- Lead and manage highly talented 10-12+ individual contributors with varying degree of experience
- Proven track record of building and shipping successful software products
- Strong software development and project management fundamentals.
- Taking responsibility for the specification, implementation and the testing of key product features.
- Working with QA to define, design and implement effective tests for components and features to ensure a high product quality.
- Experience with software development using languages such as Java
- Experience in developing APIs, automation, and life cycle management a plus
- Exposure to testing and deployment tools and CI/CD
- Demonstrated leadership, people management and communication skills. Comfortable interacting with executives, senior managers and engineers and advocating for the right outcome.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and solve deep technical issues
- Jump in customer escalations and be able to think at fast pace to solve issue with the product.
- Proven track record recruiting and retaining top engineering talent
- Working knowledge of virtualization and application virtualization technologies would be a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (written & spoken) skills.
Highly Desired Skills
- Experience in service oriented architectures and developing cloud solutions on public clouds (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure or OpenStack) a plus
- Experience in building RESTful API and full stack development a definite plus
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub