Manager - Deal Management
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
The Deal Management Team (DMT) is a dynamic team established to support standard as well as highly negotiated, unique or strategic software contracts (Enterprise License Agreements) from inception of a sales opportunity to booking. The team will be skilled and knowledgeable in a variety of areas including deal modelling, revenue recognition and commercial contract structure. As the DMT manager you will manage this team of DMT Analysts, engage with our EMEA Mgt team to build and promote the DMT model and brand, partner with Sales, Legal and Commercial Solutions to establish best practice for EMEA aligned with our Corporate DMT initiatives.
- Trusted partner and advisor to the EMEA Mgt team in relation to assigned sales opportunities
- Collaborate and partner with Legal Dept to continue DMT/Legal Engagement model
- Responsible for identifying contractual risks and suggesting alternatives that lead to the best solution for both VMware and its customers.
- Follow internal business processes to solution and seek appropriate guidance/approvals to resolve situations that deviate from standard process or fallbacks.
- Participate in customer communications to deliver optimal solutions
- Coach and mentor DMT Analysts in deal management and commercial acumen
- Continuous review of DMT workloads to maximize efficient utilization of DMT resources
- Be a strategic advisor for Sales and the Business
- Experience in working in a diverse, Multicultural Organization
- Experience in working with or in IT Multinational organisations, Telecoms or Sourcing/Procurement
- Demonstrable success managing talent in a team
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to exercise good judgement whilst juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interpret information from multiple disciplines including revenue recognition, legal and sales
Allocating decision-making and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individuals' effectiveness.
Planning and supporting the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfil current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate, and guide the team to attain successful outcomes and business objectives.
Planning and Organizing
Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub