Lead Business Analyst – Business Intelligence and Data Sciences
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
The Enterprise Data & Analytics organization at VMware is looking for a customer-oriented, analytical and driven individual. VMware has a dynamic, rapidly growing environment and will require flexibility to roll up your sleeves and participate in various roles to deliver success!
The Lead Business Analyst will work with key business customers and IT teams to deliver Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytical and Data Science solutions to support VMware’s growing business with optimized systems/processes.
The role will be responsible for supporting Global teams working with colleagues and partners – with a focus on VMware’s Deal Desk, Pricing, Internal Audit and Finance functions.
The position requires the Business Analyst to be a self-starter with strong Business Intelligence, Data Science, Leadership and Project / Program management skills who is comfortable working with distributed teams, at all levels of the organization.
Job Role and Responsibility
- Direct partner engagement with business teams and management of partner relationships
- Lead BI projects, taking ownership of successful completion for the end to end life cycle
- Provide support to business partners by developing dashboards, reports, visualizations, advanced analytics models to answer business questions
- Create in-depth business requirements across functions, such as Deal Desk, Pricing, Internal Audit and Finance, for large company driven projects
- Develop a strategic understanding of the data and analytic needs of the target stakeholders through strategic engagements, research and requirements discussions
- Work across a multitude of data science and advanced analytics projects across business functions
- Identify data sciences opportunities and streamline requirements across corporate services functions, such as Pricing, Deal Management & Finance.
- Lead data science and advanced analytics projects, taking ownership of successful completion for the end to end life cycle and implementation.
- Bring in knowledge of statistical or data science methods to deliver insights
- Grasp requirements and deliver to specification; present to stakeholders, senior management and Leadership. Develop storyboards for executive presentations
- Drive stakeholder engagements by driving complex analytical projects including bottoms-up projects
- Provide strategic business guidance and expertise through data visualization, data mining and story-telling supported with data best practices.
- Project/Program Management to keep stakeholders and team engaged throughout the delivery process
- Work with partners in the domain to develop their conceptual understanding of the underlying Systems, Reporting and analytical Model
- Chooses appropriate underlying technology to model complex data.
- Translates fuzzy problems into a structured & scoped problem
- Can envision & implement the optimal analytics technique/approach required for the problem
- Shares knowledge with other teams pro-actively by creating/sharing work in forums.
- Partner with IT teams on functional requirements and design to drive successful end state solutions and user experiences
- Participates in interviewing candidates; Participates in the hiring process in any capacity: taking interviews/working on question banks/campus hiring
- Participates in floor/org level activities
- Drive effective communication, training, and documentation to enable successful user adoption
- Review outputs of team and drive quality results.
- Develop expertise on business processes, lifecycles, and data drivers to recommend BI solutions and drive requirement discussions
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies
- Perform UAT activities to validate whether requirements are being met
- Collaborate on the definition of KPI’s and metrics to monitor and drive the business
- Minimum of 10 to 13 years’ experience in business analysis, report/visualization development, implementation of Business Intelligence Solutions, advanced analytics, data science.
- Technical knowledge and experience working with the industry leading BI tools required, such as SAP BOBJ / Webi, Tableau and SQL
- Hands on experience with developing propensity models (to buy, to sell, to respond), segmentation, cross-sell/up-sell models, forecasting using Python, R or any other language/Machine learning libraries.
- Solid fundamentals, knowledge of supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement learning machine learning and deep learning algorithms, such as classifiers, cluster analysis, dimension reduction, regression, CNN, RNN, DQN, temporal difference methods, sequence modeling, probability theory, algorithm design and theory of computation, information retrieval
- An expert in at least one of the machine learning frameworks - Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc, as well as programming, visualization, and statistical tools such as R, JMP, SAS, Tableau, Python, Perl, Java/C++
- Experienced in developing natural language processing techniques and text analytics (e.g. word2vec, doc2vec, attention, LDA)
- Functional knowledge of Sales Incentive Compensation / Commissions and related metrics required
- Functional knowledge of other business domains (Deal Management, Pricing, HR, Sourcing, etc.) desired
- Functional knowledge of Pricing, Deal Management & Finance business models and related metrics is preferred
- Hands-on experience working with Sales Compensation systems such as Callidus, Varicent, IBM ICM, Xactly, Oracle Sales Compensation or similar desired
- Proficient in MS Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to use a consultative approach and persuasive communication with business partners
- Ability to take initiative and to set priorities independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Degrees in computer science or statistics or mathematics preferred
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub