HR Services Project Manager
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
The Global HR Services enables business success by providing exceptional HR support and services throughout the employee life cycle, by executing with a focus on employee experience, operational excellence, and scalability.
Reporting to the Director HR Services APJ, the HR Services Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading and managing a broad range of complex HR projects with extensive knowledge of best practice HR operating Models, Merger and Acquisitions, HR Processes and HR Systems.
- Manage projects both Globally and across APJ to support the delivery of HR Services, ensuring stakeholder communication, continuous process improvement/best practice and adoption of HR Services in partnership with HR Centers of Excellence, HR Management Partners, HR Business Partners Employment Legal and Employee Relation Teams.
- Manages the complete project life cycle including defining, planning, estimating, executing, implementing, and ongoing support. A significant part of this role will be the HR Project Management of Merger and Acquisition activity.
- Lead and Project Manage new Merger and Acquisitions by working with Global HR M&A teams to integrate and on-board new organizations and employees
- Engage cross-functional teams to collaborate and manage projects/M&A
- Strong influencing skills to drive and implement projects within established timeframes
- Demonstrated experience in Merger and Acquisitions from a HR standpoint and Legal Entity structures and set up. Understanding of country variances in labour laws an advantage
- Ensures resolution to unique requests, escalations, or process changes. Anticipates changes and directs or redirects efforts. Ensure documentation and knowledge base is built for future requirements.
- Manages project risks/dependencies to ensure execution
- Helps innovate process improvement ideas and bring new services to APJ (aligned to HR Services Strategy.) Excellent process knowledge of HR processes and APJ HR Policies and procedures.
- Manages the relationship with key Stakeholders, HR Business Partners, HR Management Partners, HR Center of Excellence, Legal team to provide support for essential HR systems and processes.
- Drives change management requirements for any assigned project
- Assumes overall responsibility for communication and engagement when transitioning new services
- Bachelor's Degree required and 8 to 10 12+ years of relevant experience
- Experience and certification (desired) in one of the following: Project Management, Six Sigma, Lean Methodology, Business Process Re-Engineering, Agile Methodology or Process Optimization
- Proven Project Management skills, experience leading/managing large scale projects at a regional / global level
- Ability to think strategically considering the broader business implications, enterprise dependencies, with an awareness of the up/downstream requirements and/or impacts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adjusting priorities as business needs change and adept at managing multiple work-streams/projects
- Must be a results-oriented “change agent” with the ability to successfully interface and collaborate with various levels and areas of the organization
- Demonstrated track record of solving complex business problems with scalable solutions
- Track record of working well in a matrix and collaborative environment
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite and other program mgmt. tools
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub