Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Full Stack DeveloperJob ID R1903158-1 Date posted 04/04/2019
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide the more than 20000+ passionate people we employ in 120+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
VMware Business IT (Subscription & Perpetual) and New Technologies Group
Our organization supports VMware SaaS and Perpetual (Order to Cash), Licensing functions with ERP platforms and systems capabilities. We are transforming our software delivery practices to bring in greater agility, scale and resiliency. We are building the next generation SaaS Order to Cash platform that can deliver new digital experiences for employees, customers and partners. We are also enhancing our licensing Order to Cash platform to improve the customer experience and make it more scalable. We value innovation and empower our employees to do their best work and grow their careers at VMware.
• You love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
• You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills and can easily switch between technology paradigms
• You love working with some of the best engineers, product managers and architects around the world
• You strive to excel and to innovate
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• 4 - 12 years software development experience
• BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
• Java EE experience including REST services, Web Services, and/or other remoting technologies
• Experience with an RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server and any no-sql db’s like MongoDB (preferred)
• Working knowledge of software engineering principles, design patterns, and commercial product development practices
• Use of Open Source packages for common capabilities (e.g., log4j, Quartz, ActiveMQ)
• Use of integration applications (eg., rmq, kafka, SOA etc)
Knowledge of Spring Framework, Spring MVC, spring boot and Hibernate / JPA
• Knowledge of cloud foundry, kubernetes, dockers
• Familiar with Devops processes.
• Must be a highly motivated individual who is willing to take on challenging initiatives and is capable of working both independently and with others as a team.
• Hard-working with a "whatever it takes" attitude.
• Able to demonstrate effective teamwork both within the immediate team and across teams.
• Strong communication Skills
Nice to Have Experience
• Familiar with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.