Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Business Analyst II
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
Business Analyst II,
Business Strategy and Operation
Enterprise Data and Analytics
VMware (NYSE: VMW), a Dell technologies company, is the global leader in business infrastructure virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter—bringing cloud computing to businesses of all sizes. VMware delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. With 2016 revenues of $7 billion, VMware has more than 800,000 customers and 85,000 partners worldwide. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 20,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
What's in it for you?
• VMware brings together a phenomenal group of people. This includes a world-class development organization with unparalleled expertise in the system software space.
• The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment - one of energy, creativity, and collaboration.
• The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up.
Our Customer Success team in the Enterprise Data and Analytics is looking for a customer-oriented, analytical and driven individual. VMware has a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and will require flexibility to roll up your sleeves and participate in various roles to deliver success!
The Business Analyst II will be working with key business stakeholders, internal teams, and execution partners to enable business teams to successfully utilize BI and Analytics solutions to drive improved data consumption for decision making at VMware.
The role will be responsible for supporting Global teams working with colleagues and stakeholders who are spread across different GEO’s such as Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific. The position requires the Business Analyst II to be a self-starter with strong leadership, project / program management, analytical, technical, and training skills who is comfortable working with business executives, distributed teams, at all levels of the organization.
Responsibilities & Scope:
Provide support to Stakeholders including answering inquires, investigating data issues, and creating reports and analysis to answer business questions
• Drive process improvements and efficiencies through support case analysis and process reengineering
• Perform QA activities to validate requirements are being met through front end solutions, data model verification, and source to target mapping
• Prototype reports and dashboards to get users engaged and excited about BI solutions
• Provide guidance and expertise and visualization and story-telling with data best practices
• Create in-depth business requirements across a variety of business functions, such as Sales, Professional Services, Global Support, Marketing and Finance, for larger company driven projects
• Direct stakeholder engagement with business teams and management of stakeholder relationships
• Perform data analysis – identifying trends and key drivers of metrics
• Develop expertise on business processes, life-cycles, and data drivers to recommend BI solutions and drive requirement discussions
• Partner closely with IT teams on functional requirements and design to drive successful end state solutions and user experiences
• Collaborate on the definition of KPIs and metrics to monitor and run the business
• Lead reporting projects, taking ownership of successful completion for end to end lifecycle
• Support communication, training, and documentation to enable successful user adoption
Required Skills and Experience:
* Minimum of 4-7 years' experience in Business Analysis, Requirements Development, and solutions implementation of Business Intelligence Solutions
* Technical knowledge and experience working with the industry leading BI tools: (SAP BI Stack - Business Objects, Tableau)
* Proficient in MS Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
* ERP experience with tools such as Oracle ERP or SAP
* Clear, professional, and concise communications (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills. Must have combination of excellent communication skills (including presentation skills) and Technical skills
* Must be able to use consultative approach and persuasive communication with stakeholders
* Ability to take initiative and to set priorities independently
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, preference for Computer Science or Business Administration
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.