Senior Staff Engineer - Cloud Native Apps
Bellevue, WashingtonApply Now
Business Summary: Cloud Native Applications - Software Supply Chain
The Cloud Native Applications team is an innovation-focused group at VMware. We build and deliver cloud-native solutions for private, hybrid and public cloud. This business unit brings extensive expertise for container networking, security, storage, operations and monitoring. The landscape for application development and delivery has been radically transformed by the rise of cloud service providers and technologies such as Kubernetes. This has led enterprise organizations to re-think and re-evaluate how they develop and deliver software. Existing applications need to be re-tooled to be managed in this landscape while retaining their compatibility with governance and compliance regimes. New applications have the opportunity to take advantage of emerging technology, but must do so without putting the enterprise business at risk.
At VMware we see an evolving and emerging landscape of software delivery that we refer to as the Modern Software Supply Chain.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for senior engineer to provide technical leadership and guide the team through the discovery and development of modern software supply chain solutions.
- Act as a partner with customers and customer-facing teams (e.g. product management, global services, etc.) to solve problems faced by customers now and in the future.
- Influence direction and build consensus on products, solutions, strategy, and technology .
- Advocates for a spirit of cooperation, teamwork, resource sharing and mutual respect in the workplace.
- Guide the design, development, and delivery of solid products across multiple teams addressing the needs of enterprise customers that result in significant business outcomes, generally commensurate with 12+ years of professional experience.
- Deliver results on software development at every stage of maturity (R&D, growth, established, end-of-life)
- Provide strategic guidance to the business on cloud native system development and VMware’s position and opportunities in the broader cloud native landscape.
- Recruit engineering talent to VMware and support our diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Act as an ambassador for VMware in the development community including presentation of industry-wide ideas in an area of specialty.
- Experienced at Golang based software development.
- Understands fundamental and internal workings of Kubernetes.
- Applicable knowledge of virtualized compute, security, storage, and networking fundamentals commensurate with a graduate-level education plus experienced work in the field of infrastructure technology.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub