Senior Product Marketing Manager, CNABU
Bellevue, WashingtonApply Now
VMware’s Cloud Native Apps Business Unit (CNABU) is looking for an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager to help drive enterprise adoption of VMware's solutions for containers and Kubernetes.
Reporting to the Senior Manager for Product Marketing, this person would be responsible for the following activities (among other things, based on interest and specific skill set):
- Crafting messaging and positioning:Working with product marketing, product management, and sales to define the right messaging, positioning, and use cases to effectively speak to the needs of key buyers within the IT and line-of-business areas of the enterprise
- Bringing products and solutions to market: Develop end-to-end launch plans to educate and drive demand in the market (particularly the developer market) for new solutions related to containers and Kubernetes
- Driving adoption: Working collaboratively with product management and key customer-facing roles to creatively drive adoption of our products and support customers in being successful, so that they see tangible results from implementing our solutions and are compelled to renew
- Accelerating sales: Developing compelling content that drives sales by helping customers, prospects, and VMware sales and customer-facing roles understand why VMware is the best partner to lead enterprises on their cloud native journey
- Building customer empathy: Lead efforts to better understand our customers and communicate their wants and needs back to the product and sales teams, like through win-loss analysis, customer interviews, and case studies
- Supporting business development: Help surface new opportunities for business expansion through analysis of sales data and trends; analyst reports; industry news; and competitor activity
The ideal candidate would have some or all of the following:
5-7 years of experience working in product marketing, business development, sales, or a similar GTM-facing (go-to-market) role
Experience working with / marketing solutions for software developers, and an understanding of and interest in modern software development practices
Passion for helping enterprises adopt open source technology
Experience marketing a SaaS product, especially in the enterprise B2B space and/or at a startup
Note: This position is open to candidates based in (or willing to relocate to) either the Seattle area or the San Francisco Bay area. While VMware is a remote-friendly company, this role is best suited for a candidate who can work closely with CNABU marketing, product management, and sales leadership teams that are based out of those two offices.
About Cloud Native Applications at VMware:
VMware’s Cloud Native Applications business unit is an emerging BU supporting VMware customers in adopting containers, Kubernetes, and related open source technologies to drive business transformation through software. Our leadership team includes two of the three co-founders of the Kubernetes project. Read more about our solutions here.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub