Bellevue, WashingtonApply Now
The Tanzu Mission Control team at VMware is seeking a Product Manager to help define product strategy and advance our mission to make Kubernetes accessible to any enterprise. The Tanzu Mission Control team is focused on helping customers more easily manage Kubernetes and operate modern, containerized applications across multiple clouds and clusters. You will play a pivotal role defining compelling and competitively differentiated capabilities, communicating our roadmap to internal and external stakeholders, understanding our customers deeply, and collaborating with marketing and sales to bring Tanzu Mission Control to market. The team is a fast-paced, startup-like environment where you will have the opportunity to build a new business from the ground up while developing skills in cutting-edge technologies.
Job Role Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for defining and executing our product strategy for Tanzu Mission Control, a critical element of the VMware Tanzu portfolio. We are looking for someone with a strong technical background. You understand the key issues and opportunities in the public cloud and cloud native applications ecosystems. You are drawn to the latest technologies, are passionate about great customer experiences, and enjoy working closely with engineers to ensure the delivered product meets customer needs.
- Define the short- and long-term strategy for Tanzu Mission Control based on a deep understanding of customer needs, market trends, and competition
- Communicate VMware’s cloud native applications product strategy and roadmap to internal and external stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with engineering to drive successful product releases, and customer-facing teams to align with customers and drive product adoption
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for VMware cloud native applications products, occasionally working to support the sales channel and key customers in a pre- and post-sales capacity
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Experience defining and prioritizing product features in a complex technical context
- Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Excellent communication skills across both technical and business audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field. Advanced degree in technical or business field
- Experience in infrastructure software, public cloud platforms, cloud native technologies, or developer tooling
- 5+ years of industry experience and 3+ years of product management or related experience
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub