Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Marketing
Are you a marketing whiz? Dare to communicate around the world as you put strategy into action through integrated marketing plans in digital, print, email, webinars, trade shows and more.
Product Line Manager - Pivotal Container Service
Bellevue, WashingtonApply Now
The Cloud Native Applications team at VMware is looking for experienced product managers to join us in building our Container platform, Pivotal Container Service. The team delivers best-in-class enterprise cloud native application services building on state of the art container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes. The Cloud Native Applications team is a fast-paced, startup-like environment where you will have the opportunity to build a new business from the ground up while developing skills in cutting-edge technologies.
This position is responsible for defining and leading in execution of our Container product and services strategy. Our Container services run on the world’s largest cloud platforms serving the world’s most sophisticated customers. This is a key leadership position reporting to the Vice President of PM for Cloud Native Applications.
We are looking for someone with a strong technical background, excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities. You have familiarity with open source technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and are comfortable working in fast pace continuous delivery software development. You understand the concerns around application security and identity in a world that is quickly moving towards a distributed, micro-services based architecture services running on cloud platforms. You are drawn to the latest technologies and are passionate about great customer experiences. You enjoy getting technical and working closely with engineers to ensure the delivered product meets customer needs.
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets your requirements
- Break down the product requirements into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization
- You will establish yourself as the Subject Matter Expert in one or more areas of Container cloud services within VMware
- Track industry trends and competitors to inform product decisions and strategy.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field. MBA a plus.
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Experience in working with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Understanding of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and unrelenting drive to succeed and win.
- Hands-on development experience with distributed application concepts and sysadmin/devops tools.
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated success working with an agile development team
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features in a complex technical context
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- 8+ years of industry experience. 5+ years of product management or related experience
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.