Push Us. Amaze Us. Inspire Us.
Careers in Engineering
We are intellectual mavericks, pioneers, game-changers, and doers of the extraordinary, on a mission to create cloud, mobility, security, and virtualization solutions that will reach millions of users around the world. At VMware, our people are empowered to succeed and are valued for their innovative contributions as we revolutionize the IT industry.
Are you ready to join us?
Member of Technical Staff – Cloud Management, vRealize OperationsJob ID R1904757 Date posted 04/11/2019
Business Summary: Cloud Management, vRealize Operations
VMware Cloud Management business unit produces the industry's leading operations management platform, vROps. Extending this product to monitor all aspects of the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) including workloads in public clouds to radically improve availability, performance and cost efficiency. We are reducing barriers to SDDC and Hybrid cloud adoption by providing transparency, contextual analytics and industry standard methodologies enhanced by AI and ML. Adding Application context to the infrastructure for both traditional virtual machines and containers adds a completely new view for managing Infrastructure. This platform helps developers and operations teams plan, operate, visualize, analyze, and fix their applications across cloud providers and on-premise for both software-defined data centers and traditional environments. We at the SaaS Operations team in Bellevue are excited to build this new software.
Job Roles & Responsibility:
We are building this platform, to help our customers grow and transition from traditional data centers to the SDDC datacenters while ensuring enterprise grade reliability and performance at scale. Do you like the challenge of and have experience in building highly available, extremely performant, massively scalable solutions? Do you have an ability to work in an agile manner, yet be detail oriented enough to focus on robust, performant and scalable implementations? If Yes, then becoming a Member of Technical Staff is for you. Join us to be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from early feature concept design, product development to testing and validation. Together we will partner to build a single code base that extends from on-prem to our SaaS utilizing restful apis to both open source and in-house components. You will drive the architecture and design for one or more of the features within the platform and you will make significant, direct and patent-grade contributions to the product that lead to increased revenue, market share and customer happiness. Your technical leadership will drive other's behavior by setting examples and being a mentor to individuals within the team and to those outside the direct scope of influence. Your knowledge of software development processes in large-scale enterprise product development environments will help our team to succeed.
- Build services using enterprise scale restful apis with dynamically scale machines per service and self-healing properties.
- Design and develop across service layers and distributed systems, contributing to code base.
- Build robust, self-healing features that reduce operational effort and improve service up-time.
- Collaborate with product managers, customers and platform cloud services engineering teams to build a set of optimized micro-services that enable the quick adoption of the platform.
- Develop services using enterprise scale restful apis with robust, self-healing features that reduce operational effort and improve service up-time.
- Apply your experience with Java, Object Orientation and Multi-threading Linux/Unix environments to increase program readability and reliability.
- Build unit tests, integration tests and end to end test harnesses.
- Experience building and operating horizontally scalable data-intensive systems.
- Experienced with Java/C++ or other OOP and multi-thread programming in Linux/Unix environments.
- Hands-on experience designing and building highly scalable distributed systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot functional, performance and scalability problems in a complex distributed system.
- Experience with latest philosophies around build processes, CI/CD pipelines and code coverage tools.
- Interested in design and development of services oriented architecture, integrations
- Passionate for Test Driven Development and releases.
- Understanding of infrastructures both virtual and containers.
- Excellent, concise communication skills to articulate the decisions and thought process.
- Collaborative and self-motivated.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience or degree.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.