Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Legal
Become a trusted advisor, who gives innovative and strategic legal advice to VMware’s global operations. Our integrity-driven legal team upholds the highest standards of business and professional conduct while helping us achieve our goals.
Beijing, ChinaApply Now
Title: Corporate Counsel
Manager: Director & Assistant General Counsel, Greater China.
VMware has an opening for a highly talented Corporate Counsel to be based in Beijing, China supporting the China business and reporting into the Director & Assistant General Counsel, Greater China
The Corporate Counsel will provide a full range of legal support on various commercial and general corporate matters, including but not limited to:
- Drafting and negotiating software license and services contracts and other commercial contracts within Greater China.
- Resolution of any partner / customer / vendor disputes
- Management of and obtaining advice from VMware’s network of outside counsel within Greater China
- Daily and/or frequent interaction with Sales Management and functional peer groups, including managing internal escalations for approval of non-standard terms
- Providing legal advice relating to commercial contract law and providing recommendations based on a risk analysis
- Participating in the design and implementation of company policies and processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in China
- Providing training to the business, principally on adherence to the VMware Business Conduct Guidelines, Dawn Raid Policy and Competition laws
- Providing legal advice on miscellaneous legal matters from time to time, including license compliance, dispute resolution, company law, competition law, real estate, marketing matters and procurement matters within Greater China
- Special projects as assigned by the Director & Assistant General Counsel, Greater China
The ideal candidate will:
- be admitted to the Chinese Bar with at least 8 years post qualification legal experience.
- possess superior advocacy skills, including the ability to negotiate effectively and efficiently in both written and oral form;
- be familiar with issues pertaining to licensing, IP protection, cloud computing, cybersecurity, commercial law, antitrust law, corporate law;
- have experience working as in-house counsel with a multinational software company;
- litigation experience would be considered favorably;
- be fluent in written and spoken English, with Mandarin as mother tongue
- be an experienced drafter who is capable of negotiating a variety of software and services agreements with large customers in Greater China in a multi-tier resale model
- possess strong business acumen and be able to apply legal principles in a commercial environment
- be well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to conduct non-adversarial, win-win negotiations, whilst adhering to VMware’s contracting policies and requirements
- be adept at working independently in a fast-paced environment and exercising sound judgment
- demonstrate capacity to build relationships with senior business members
- have a strong commitment to integrity and professionalism.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.