New Grad – Digital Sales Centre – Digital Sales Associate with Swedish
Barcelona, SpainApply Now
New Grad – Digital Sales Centre – Digital Sales Associate
(VMware Academy 2020).
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Start date: 20th July 2020
VMware, as industry leaders in virtualization and software-defined solutions and services, enables our customers to modernize their data centers, integrate public clouds, empower the digital workspace, and transform security. Our sales team is responsible for driving new business; ensuring clarity in messaging; increasing audience engagement; supporting and promoting corporate strategy and initiatives; and developing, improving, and executing area business plans.
VMware invests for the future in our global sales organization through new hire graduate programs. The VMware Academy (VA) is an extensive new career program with three tracks: Inside Sales, Technical Services and Professional Services.
The academy involves sales, technical and product training for all participants. Beginning with a foundational approach that progresses from classroom to practice and then on the job enablement, successful participants move into a Digital Sales Role: the next step in their VMware Journey.
We're looking for people who love achieving through confidence, self-discipline, and determination. Do you live your ethics and values? Are you a positive and stimulating influence on others? Are you investing in your future now?
Continuing to deliver the next generation of sales professionals from VMware’s Digital Sales Centre in Barcelona, Spain, our focus is building a team of graduate level Digital Sales professionals to fill future roles and support future expansion of a number of Digital Sales functions, including Internal Sales Associates and Sales Specialists with a long-term view to progress to a field sales role back in your home country.
Graduate Program Overview:
If you are selected for the graduate team, you will undergo training to include participation in a variety of customer and partner facing sales activities/tasks. Development is very hands-on and practical with an emphasis on experiential learning by doing. Topics to be trained include: Fundamental Sales Skills, Distance Selling, Commercial Presentation skills, Account Management and VMware Technologies.
After successfully completing the training period, graduates who perform competently will progress into a primary customer facing sales role as available or alternatively may support their Digital Sales team within the Sales Associate role until a future territory is made available. Typical responsibilities for the sales role are detailed below:
The responsibilities include all duties from prospecting to closing accounts with the channel sales team and Territory Executives for the territories they support. This position requires independent and purposeful action, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make timely and responsible decisions.
- Be a valued member and contributor to the EMEA Sales and Field Marketing teams
- Develop and maintain proficient knowledge of products and services, industry trends, and competition
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and obtain business requirements while maintaining accurate account and contact information.
- Drive and continuously improve customer and channel partner experience with greater opportunity engagement and longer-term relationship build
- Effectively promote VMware’s value driven suite of solutions to prospects, customers, and partner’s audiences through discovery, positioning, and objection handling.
- Engage timely in collaborative channel sales activities while also driving new and incremental solution adoption amongst your existing VMware customer base.
- Create, qualify, update, and accurately forecast opportunities within Salesforce.com through our reliable global sales methodology
- Complete general territory admin duties to include special pricing forms, re-assignment management, customer/partner issues as appropriate
Graduate Team requirements:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree
- Fluency in English and Swedish
- Candidates need to have graduated within 12 months from the start date (July 2020)
- Persistence and initiative with a track record of success in academic achievement to date
- Dynamic individual, keen to work and collaborate in a high-energy team dependent environment.
- Positive and engaging phone manner, excellent listening and interpersonal skills, strong writing skills.
- Inquisitive commercial interests, manner, and aptitude.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and succeed in a rapidly changing environment
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
- A basic understanding of computing technology, a dedication to ongoing learning, and comfort discussing technology and business value with customers
- A career objective to progress to a field sales role in our field sales territories
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub