Employee Relations Specialist – Works Councils - SEMEA
Madrid, SpainApply Now
We are seeking an experienced labour and employee relations professional to join our Employee Relations (ER) team. The ER Specialist will develop an understanding of the business and work effectively within VMware’s framework, core values and objectives in a global, high-growth and dynamic business culture.
As an Employee and Labour Relations Specialist, you will be the point of contact for Labour relations matters. This role is part of HR organisation and works together with all the HR functions and participate in ER Projects.
In this role you are partnering closely with the Regional ER Manager, Human Resources Management Partners, as well as the in-country business leaders and works councils. This role covers both, the administration and coordination of key employee and labour relations activities as well as actively preparing and supporting consultations with our works councils in Spain. This is a great opportunity to work in the field of labour relations in a fast pace technology environment with additional exposure to broader HR topics.
This position reports directly to the Director of Employee Relations within the Human Resources department and will be based in Madrid.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- The point of contact in the Employee Relations Team for business and employee representatives
- Provides first level advice on labour relations requirements and procedures
- Responds to works council requests for information and provides regular reports
- Working with ER Team, internal Legal, HR and the business stakeholders and the works council, managing the consultations for:
- employee pay, benefits, redundancies
- IT implementation
- Talent Acquisition
- company policies
- any other projects as required
- You will be expected to support electoral processes when required (logistics/relationships with legal support and vendors, etc.)
- Analyse and provide direction regarding the implementation of key company initiatives (information, consultation, codetermination)
- Prepare information/consultation documentation to support discussion with social partners
- Supports the consultation of complex projects in cooperation with HR and Legal
- Project manages the set - up of quarterly works meetings for locations in Spain
- Keep ER metrics monthly and review on a quarterly basis to assess where action can be taken to simplify a process, train managers, etc. in order to support a growing client base
- Conduct investigations and decision reviews
- Assist managers with formal performance management cases
- Coordinates critical meetings and manages ER calendar and upkeeps the ER case tracker
- Creates compelling communication materials and standard templates and actively contributes to the continuous improvement of the ER function and the relationship with Works Councils
- Develop Employee Relations and collective consultation strategies on critical employee relations issues and lead resolution with minimum business impact (continuity, cost, reputation).
- Ensure compliance with EU employment law, ensure prepare and lead regular meetings with Staff Representatives & Works Council, participate in collective negotiation, assist in drafting collective agreements and ensure negotiation of Internal Regulations and review HR related documents while collaborating with legal.
You are a strong team player who enjoys fast paced, evolving international environment and who is assertive and resilient. Must have a strong motivation for ER & employee related matters. You are keen to learn and actively seek out opportunities for improvement.
As such you are diligent and detail-oriented while maintaining a big picture view and understanding of the long-term implications of your actions. To help you succeed in this role, you will also have;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in HR, OD, Organisational Psychology, Business, (Employment and/or Labour Law)
- 2-3 years of related HR experience with exposure to ER and Labour Relations, Works Councils in Spain
- Experience and exposure in dealing with Works Councils
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of employment and labour law in Spain
- Strong administrative skills and high attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills and excellent negotiator
- Fully Fluent Spanish, fluent English (required). Other language skills a strong advantage within a global company
- Ability to build long term relationships and put effort in earning trust
- This is a specialised role which requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills and good judgment in an ambiguous environment
- Is Proactive and requires minimal supervision
- Prior experience with a technology company strongly preferred
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub