Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Sr. Solutions Engineer, VMware Cloud Provider Program (Virtual)
Austin, TexasApply Now
Sr. Solutions Engineer, VMware Cloud Provider Program
The Sr. Solutions Engineer supporting the Cloud Provider Program will be responsible for providing in-depth technical product overview, roadmap and prescriptive guidance to Services Providers to enable them to go to market with public facing cloud service offers built on VMware Cloud solutions and architectures that drive revenue through VMware product usage (subscription licensing). The individual will interface directly with the service provider technical product Teams as a trusted advisor and assist in leading and managing the Service Provider technical agenda as part of the VMware relationship. The individual will also assist to escalate support requests as needed as well as encourage participation in VMware beta program opportunities. In addition, the individual will also drive communication best practices with VMware product Teams and SME’s to provide relevant Service Provider product feedback that will contribute to VMware product roadmap features and capabilities.
- Present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management and illustrate relevant Service Provider use cases for VMware products.
- Drive the adoption and Usage of VMware products and Cloud Solutions within strategic Service Provider accounts.
- Provide expert technical and business pre-sales support for strategic opportunities involving VMware management tools and integration into existing management and monitoring systems. Assist in technically managing initial proof-of-concepts and pilots
- Evangelize the value of VMware Management Tools to simplify IT operations and build an internal Cloud solution
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of Cloud solutions, industry directions and trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of competitor products and services and how to position against them
- Provide consultative support to the Field and Partner Training organization for development of deep technical GTM training material and positioning
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware products
- Maintain, grow and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key VMware Partner Field Organizations
- Lead the technical pre-sales community discussions and facilitate knowledge dissemination to the VMware and Partner Subject Matter Experts with regards to VMware products in conjunction with Cloud solutions and architectures
- Document best practices & architectural references in developing and deploying VMware Cloud solutions
- Proven success and knowledge in developing and leading Service Provider Partners/Customers.
- The Individual should have relevant and current VMware experience with vCloud Director, NSX, vRealize Operations as well as a strong understanding of IT automation, management, orchestration and cloud management platform capabilities driving IaaS, SaaS and PaaS.
- 8 - 10+ years of experience in technology related areas including: enterprise systems management and infrastructure (datacenter) architecture experience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and managing critical business infrastructure. Engagement experience should include IT strategy initiatives, middleware implementations, and leveraging overall technical architecture knowledge across multiple industries.
- The individual should have extensive architectural skills dealing with infrastructure solutions such as systems management and business continuity. Expert level knowledge of x86 operating systems, advanced networking, storage architectures and programming experience is desirable.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality with proven track record of selling technical solutions and services as part of a solution.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required along with excellent presentation skills and strong customer facing and relationship building skills.
- Self-driven and must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Strong listening and question based selling skills with the ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges.
- He or she should be an accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups. The ability to present extemporaneously is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience.
- VCP Certification or higher; Having other certifications like CCNP, CCDP, JNCIE, CCIE, CISSP also preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 35%
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.