Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in HR
Sr. Recruiter - Pre-Sales & PSO
Austin, TexasApply Now
We are looking for a full-time contract Senior Recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition team located in Austin, Texas (or remote in the U.S.). The candidate will provide full-cycle recruiting support including the development, implementation and maintenance of employment and other recruiting and sourcing programs. You will source, identify, pre-screen/qualify interviews, negotiate salaries, and close candidates for pre-sales and the professional services organization. You will coach hiring managers and oversee the entire staffing process and will be a gatekeeper of VMware’s core values and culture.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of candidates, including the selection process, screening and pre-qualifying applicants, interviewing and conducting or coordinating reference checks. Prepares and delivers all required feedback and correspondence to applicant/candidates
- Functions as technical specialist, sourcing, recruiting and identifying candidates for highly specialized and difficult-to-attract positions, usually requiring extensive search
- Responsible for crafting and implementing recruiting strategies
- Collaborates with managers and executives to understand the skills required for each position in order to effectively match the best candidates to organizational needs
- Educates and coaches hiring managers in Company’s employment processes including interview techniques, selection process and hiring system processes
- Works with hiring manager and HR representatives to prepare and present offers of employment; ensures that all Staffing Processes are followed in all phases of staffing from recruitment to hire
- Meets assigned metrics in all staffing activities
- Provides advice and counselling to managers on suitability of candidates for the job, the team and the company and is accountable for improving employee retention through selection best practices
- Develops hiring practices across the company to ensure all documentation, interviews and actions are consistent and stay in sync with all legal and ethical standards
- Responsible for effective management of the “candidate experience” throughout the recruitment process. May coordinate pre-employment travel, relocation, security clearances and employment processing, including visa applications
- Sells the company, the job and the career opportunity through knowledge of the company, its culture, benefits and products
- Works independently and within a team on special, non-recurring, and on-going projects. Conducts research and analyzes data on assigned projects
- May work with external resources and internet sourcing tools
- Build and maintain external networks
- Brand ambassador by building and maintaining the VMware employment brand
- Passionate about candidate experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Critical Thinking and Leadership – Capable of executing and delivering a desired future state (vision) through influence on things we value, individual and group goals, execution of plans, value reinforcements, and systems.
- Organizational Awareness – Deep understanding of and ability to utilize analytics & innovative talent practices to drive business results, including impacting labor costs, retention, performance management and engagement
- Communication – Presenting ideas effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to motivate and inspire both direct and indirect organizations through effectively articulating the opportunities and challenges throughout the organization.
- Recruiting experience with preferred focus on R&D roles and supporting a high growth, high change environment
- Experience executing all stages of the recruitment process including strategy and target development list, identifying, sourcing, screening, interviewing, referencing, closing and follow-up
- Creative thinker who is able to successfully target candidates with out of the box sourcing strategies
- Demonstrable ability to attract and hook passive candidates
- Demonstrated success driving successful placement in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Validated project management skills with the ability to lead multiple simultaneous projects in various stages of completion
- Results-driven, organized professional who effectively manages competing priorities
- Strong strategic and creative thinker who can distill recruitment strategy into actionable plans and who may execute on those plans
- Attractive compensation package
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, improved by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals.
- Balanced work environment
- Work-life balance
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.