Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Sr. Program Manager
Austin, TexasApply Now
The Program Management Office in the Dell Technologies Solutions BU in the VMware office of the CTO is looking for a Sr. Program manager to support our internal releases, projects, execution and tooling of the joint solutions with Dell, EMC. You will report to the Sr. Manager - Program Management and PMO, who is chartered to deliver a comprehensive execution plan, cadence and governance of all programs and execution as relating to VMware-Dell Solutions.
Be part of a team that is driving opportunities and changing how we work across Dell Technologies. In this role you will hold "better together", "shared outcomes" front of mind to ensure reciprocal product requirements and dependency management through regular joint interlocks and open program reviews with the Dell and VMware leadership team.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- You will collaborate and coordinate between Dell and EMC and VMware teams to build schedule, breakthroughs and execution cadence.
- Use existing tools with Release Management to report status of completion of features and remove obstacles and communicate clearly statuses as they relate to release and program cadence.
- Partner with engineering on top initiatives and projects – as related to patches, releases, interoperability and execution.
- Ability to learn technologies, understand business opportunities and get into the details to own and drive program objectives.
- Partner with business development and product management for Conference support, offsites and other engagements
- Identify processes to improve, and able to change-manage and introduce solutions to improve engineering execution.
- Run reports, show status and follow up on execution based on reports. Improve accountability of engineering, product marketing and testing/rollout.
- Drive major initiatives within engineering, working with Test, Development, Product Management and Release central teams.
- Build and maintain a detailed project timeline that will include all project tasks and encompass all sites in the project
- Proven experience with juggling and prioritizing a broad range of projects at once, willingness to hustle
- 5+ years of experience in running complex projects for a technology, software or consumer electronics company
- Bachelor's’ degree in engineering disciplines is required (Computer Science, Software is preferred)
- Strong communication (written and oral), analytical, organizational, social and conflict management skills
- Experience in running a complex project with over 300 participants, multi-sites, and multi- teams.
- Familiarity with Confluence, MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Rally.
- Program management certification highly desirable
- Proven technical knowledge in engineering and testing is a highly desirable
- Has worked in EMC or Dell Technologies is an advantage.
- Experience with End User Computing products such as Airwatch and Workspace One is an advantage.
- Release experience is highly desirable
- Working across geographies, time zones and companies is desirable.
- Detailed-oriented, strong communicator, terrific listener.
- Change-management understanding, tools/reporting rollout is a plus, data driven.
- Presentation abilities are key.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- builds sustainable systems and tools to provide objective data and status.
- Able to rely on predictive tools to foresee project closures
- Strong presentation and organizational skills.
VMware is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.