Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Sr. Manager of Business Planning and Analytics
Austin, TexasApply Now
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
GSAT’s Planning & Analytics team leverages data to empower business decisions through data-driven tools, metrics, and insights that ultimately drive the company’s accelerated growth. We’re looking for a creative and technical leader who is passionate about turning data into insight.
Job Role and Responsibility:
This person will work closely with business partners & infrastructure teams to provide actionable recommendations and create new tools to accelerate sales. You will be both technically strong and business savvy, with a real passion for making an impact through creative storytelling.
- Lead a team of high-performing data science & analyst professionals in a hands on technical capacity.
- Act as a champion for a data-driven culture, evangelizing standard methodologies both within VMware and among the local and global data science community.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to lead or contribute to large scale strategic projects as well as ongoing operational activities.
- Drive meetings and lead discussions. Craft compelling stories and make logical recommendations.
- Prioritize projects across the team and allocate resources to meet business and team goals.
- Guide architectures, data models, and engineering standard methodologies.
- Refine team vision and strategy.
- Coach team members and grow the skills of the team.
- BA/BS Degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- 2+ years experience in managing analytics teams
- 8+ years of industry experience in analytics
- Experience with large scale data ecosystems, Hadoop and associated languages, MPP Databases, and Data Engineering
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally we would like:
- 3+ years experience in managing analytics teams.
- 10+ years of industry experience in analytics or engineering
- Experience working with large datasets
- Experience with statistical modeling, machine learning, and data/text mining.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- Expertise in applied statistics in at least one statistical software package
- Are you eager to translate high-level business objectives into actions?
- Do you have excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives?
- Do you have experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage?
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.