Senior Business Data Analysts
Austin, TexasApply Now
Solutions and Product Marketing organization is looking for a high-energy, top-tier Senior Business Data Analysts to join our Business Operations team.
The Business Operations team is responsible for driving key product and marketing growth initiatives supporting a rapidly evolving VMware portfolio with data-centric innovations. You will be part of a unique team that operates across Marketing, Product, IT, and Sales organizations to deliver actionable analysis, strategic insight and next-generation enterprise solutions that will ensure VMware’s continued success in existing and emerging markets.
This role will require you to be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to architect, execute, and scale solutions to key stakeholders in the business and field.
Responsibilities & Scope:
· Create and manage key data sets in for consumption by Marketing, IT and Product teams
· Perform ad-hoc analysis for critical business asks
· Develop dashboards and reports with the latest BI platforms (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Salesforce Wave Analytics,..) for key stakeholders across the business
· Lead data and reporting standardization efforts across IT and business
· Perform proof of concept analyses
· Architect new targeting solutions for Sales Ops and the Field and Marketing
· Collaborate with subject matter experts, marketing and sales leaders, operational MDM and BI teams to understand business processes, identify challenges and deliver actionable insight
· Analyze project datasets for early data modeling prototypes
· Work with marketing and field to develop new solution business cases for emerging markets
Requirements & Qualifications:
· 3+ years of experience in a same or similar role
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge crafting and optimizing SQL queries for PostgreSQL and SAP HANA environments
· Ability to use Tableau, Power BI and SAP Business Objects effectively
· Familiarity using the Microsoft O365 suite (Excel, PPT, Access, Word,…)
· Proven experience being detail-oriented
· Driven, ability to work independently and facilitate change in a high-paced environment
· Time management and ability to prioritize multiple workstreams
· Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub