Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Sales Forecasting CoE Leader
Austin, TexasApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibility
Worldwide Leadership of Sales Forecasting Center of Excellence collaborating with Field leaders to implement and drive adoption of key Sales Forecasting practices globally
You will own the Forecasting CoE cadence cross-functionally, encouraging contribution and participation from all Geographies, Business Units and other Functions. This involves preparing and ensuring that data and analytics for Weekly Forecast Cadence is up to date, accurate and represented correctly in reports and dashboards. Collaborate with partners across supporting Functions including Finance, Sales Enablement, IT and Reporting. Work towards improving the efficiency and success of the initiatives driven by you within the Sales Forecasting CoE.
- Accountable for the key success metrics for Forecasting. you will be responsible to define next generation forecasting metrics. Such business metrics need to be keep current and meaningful to the changing needs
- Ongoing readiness to manage the weekly Forecasting call and to produce a Business Summary for senior leadership; be able to talk lucidly and succinctly on the business for the current quarter
- Worldwide Leadership of Sales Forecasting CoE collaborating with Field leaders to implement and drive adoption of key Sales Forecasting practices globally
- Partnership with Executive Sponsor and presentation to Field Leadership, Governance and Steering Committee teams on progress of Sales Forecasting, managing approvals at the appropriate time.
- Management of CoE cadence cross-functionally inspiring contribution and participation from all Geographies, Product Lines of Business and other Functions
- Preparation and Assurance that data and analysis for Weekly Forecast Cadence is up to date, accurate and represented correctly in reports and dashboards
- Representation and assurance of Business needs within Sales Forecasting Planning, Requirements definition, Project Management, Change Network and other related cadences
- Collaboration with partner and supporting Functions including Sales Finance, Enablement, IT, etc.
- Representation of Sales Forecasting CoE within broader Operations forums
- Accountable for the key success metrics of Sales Forecasting as defined by the CoE.
Do you like solving significant problems? Are you excited by enabling sales team to be more effective to drive business growth? We believe in a collaborative and creative working environment.
- 5 + years of Sales Operations/Forecasting experience
- Forecast process knowledge and industry leading practices
- Ability to communicate, train and mentor across all levels
- 1 + years of Field/Inside Sales experience
- Strong analytic capabilities and proficient in SQL
- Salesforce or Einstein Analytics experience
- Working in a SaaS business; or across hybrid product lines
- Generate clear and concise onboarding material for New Hires and facilitate enablement and collaboration across the sales organization
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.