Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Sales Compensation Program Manager
Austin, TexasApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
VMware is seeking Sales Operations Program Manager who will help lead functional program management and execution excellence across a variety of high impact salesforce facing programs, systems, and communications platforms. The Global Field Incentives Program Manager will operate in a challenging position that requires balancing multiple competing priorities across functions and stakeholder needs. As VMware accelerates business transformation, many existing operations require optimization to enable new requirements.
Engagement as a stakeholder for core functional processes and leading cross functional efforts will require business processes and systems acumen to positively impact sales compensation and sales results. The ideal candidate must demonstrate experience in supporting a team-based approach working across multiple disciplines and geographies, operational planning, implementing programs, and supporting business via automation tools to help fulfill internal and external stakeholder requirements. In addition, an understanding of major technology platforms and operations in sales planning and incentive compensation space is preferred, e.g., SFDC, IBM/Varicent, SAP/Callidus, Anaplan, etc.
- Support the Compensation processes definition, execution, measurement and/or continuous improvement for Services, SaaS and Perpetual Software Sales.
- Contribute to field incentive strategy definition and execution, creating change management plans and ensuring alignment and full support to VMware business and people strategy.
- Close collaboration with the Sales Operations, Finance and HR communities to effectively direct and efforts required for the implementation and continuous improvement of compensation solutions, optimize program operations and support the achievement of strategic objectives and sustainable business results, e.g., variable compensation plans, SPIFs, MBOs, Club, Quota Management, etc.
- 7+ years’ experience in sales, partner, or compensation program management inside a dynamic global corporation.
- Understanding of sales quote-to-cash / credit-to-pay programs and ability to identify opportunity areas.
- Demonstrated expertise and success in the analysis, design, and automation of business processes.
- Strong communication, core content creation and project management skills across a parallel model of future roadmap and current release cycles
- Process orientation with demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment, be able to manage multiple stakeholders
- Proficient in leading in-person and live remote meetings with internal and partner teams with detailed preparation, execution and follow-up
- Understanding of leading sales compensation technology (Varicent, Callidus, etc.)
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally we would like:
- You have experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, bonus, and additional long-term incentives
- Balanced work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance –paid vacation, regular team building, and celebrations
At VMware, we dare to reach our goals in a collaborative, thriving environment with shared values. The acronym EPIC2 (Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community) represents the hallmark of our VMware culture, and what we stand for as individuals and as a community.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.