Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Program Manager, PMO
Austin, TexasApply Now
VMware is rich and vibrant company where we are valued for the complete people we are, where extraordinary progress is achieved for ourselves, our teams, our company, our customers, and our communities – and where even more progress is desired and expected. We are a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With Fiscal 2018 revenues of $7.92 billion, VMware has 20,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, and more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities.
We are looking for an awesome Program Manager to complement our HR PMO team. The HR PMO partners with our COE organization to define, design and deploy high-impact people programs and solutions into the business. In this key role, you act as a trusted advisor and agile expert to partner and guide COE SMEs (Solution Owner) through project planning, development, execution, and release.
Activities will include coaching and mentoring Solution Owners and project teams in the most agile way to plan and deliver their solutions. Tracking and managing the various workstream deliverables. Preparing for launch through a consistent approach to ensure we execute successfully with sound communication, change management, post-care support and solid readiness plans regarding our service delivery partners. This is an exciting role that spans the full project and program lifecycle, and needs someone is flexible, adaptable, agile, and able to turn ambiguity into a go forward plan for success.
Job Role and Responsibility
- Be a trusted advisor! Someone who builds strong relationships and partnerships with HR COE teams including Compensation & Benefits, L&D, Talent Acquisition as well as our service delivery teams.
- Manage a cross functional project / solution team through the full project / program lifecycle to deliver high-impact results
- Design and develop post-program reviews, provide feedback and required needs for future projects
- Ensure key messages (change management) are constantly pulled through with all aspects of training, comms, web content etc. for all audience segments
- Mentor team members across HR in agile mindsets, behaviors, and standard practices, partner engagement and change management
- 7+ years’ experience in leading/managing large scale projects, global experience required
- 2+ years’ experience in little “a” agile (mindsets, behaviors, practices)
- Demonstrated ability of taking on complex business problems and building viable solutions
- Extensive Change Management experience
- Able to dig in and figure out the details, yet roll it all up to an easy to understand team and Executive level
- Ability to connect the dots between functions and processes in terms of broader business implications, including tactical, strategic, and enterprise dependencies, with an awareness of the up/downstream requirements
- Technically competent with MS office and other project management tools and possess excellent verbal and writing skills
- Very well-organized with attention to detail as well as work well in small and large group environments.
- Skill to facilitate large complex groups effectively
- Adept at quickly assessing and changing priorities, and working on numerous projects at a time with a track record of working in a matrixed, shared environment
- Ability to travel domestically
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.