New Graduate - Demand to Quote IT - Application Developer
Austin, TexasApply Now
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
As an Application Developer in Demand to Quote IT, you will actively participate as an IT team member to develop applications that supports internal Sales users. We are seeking an extraordinary team member to spearhead and contribute towards internal tool development. You will be a self-starter, dedicated to coming up with solutions to help make the job easier for our business stakeholders.
As a New Graduate at VMware, you’ll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You’ll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture work and springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You’ll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
Depending on the critical priorities relevant at the time, your role could include the following activities:
- Familiarity with Sales or Professional Services business processes.
- Actively participate and work with business analysts and business teams to understand and document technical requirements for projects, enhancements/features and integrations
- Develop customization on Salesforce.com platform
- Close collaboration with core and extended team members
- Active participation in day-to-day activities of project execution
- Help execute projects through the VMware IT Development Lifecycle
- Participate in end to end agile implementation cycle including development, testing and Go Live activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science; Master’s Degree preferred
- Strong software engineering technical background with a real passion to deliver high performance, quality software
- Strong knowledge of software product development and fundamentals of project/program management
- Experience with Salesforce.com development highly desired
- Knowledge of sales business processes is a plus
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub