Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
At VMware, you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself, build relationships with the best and brightest in the industry, and prove that together we have the power to do something remarkable.
New Graduate- Cloud on AWS- Inside Solutions Engineer
Austin, TexasApply Now
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity. VMware does not sponsor immigration for this position.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibility
The VMware Cloud on AWS Inside Systems Engineer works autonomously and as part of a dynamic and specialized sales team that is responsible for engaging with clients to understand their business challenges and IT priorities to design customized VMware Cloud on AWS solutions, that meets their needs. We are seeking an individual who has a real passion for technology - someone with social intelligence, enthusiasm and a collaborative ambitious mentality with a ‘can do’ attitude. Someone who can demonstrate integrity and independence yet have a huge desire to give back to your team. This is a highly visible role, at the forefront of VMware’s strategy, working in a highly collaborative and fast-growing environment.
As a VMware Cloud on AWS Inside Systems Engineer, you will be helping craft solutions that include activities such as running discovery workshop, conducting client interviews, conducting secondary research and soliciting guidance from VMware Account Team. This team works with product specialists, product managers, public cloud partners, and other stakeholders in the design and validation of offerings and alignment for a customer’s cloud architecture. Our primary responsibility is to work with customers, however there will be a strong linkage to VMware’s Cloud partner ecosystem to design & prove out transformational strategies spanning private, hybrid or public cloud architectures. We are expected to contribute to those strategies, develop reusable domain IP, and mentor internal & external partners on the use of the tools & technologies.
As a VMware Cloud on AWS Inside Systems Engineer you should have excellent listening and discovery skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to tackle complex problems, be a big picture thinker and be able to visualize and articulate the proposed solution. With a clear and agreed upon client vision, you will be responsible for crafting the solution to realize the customer vision during the sales process and retain client ownership through to implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, MIS, Business in Technology, Engineering or any relevant field of study
- Ability to start July 15, 2019
- A mix of technical skills, business insight, and a passion to lead and support the customer
- Ability to think past the products and craft solutions to meet the business/IT needs
- Ability to develop vision, strategy and roadmaps deliverables to meet technical solutions
- Have a deep understanding of technology, industry architectures and vertical market use- cases. You will have domain level understanding of cloud infrastructures including compute, network and storage as well as cloud management areas such as automation, operations management, orchestration, and DevOps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep knowledge of next generation application & cloud platforms including but not limited to: Containers, Amazon Web Services, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), IBM Softlayer, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Technical knowledge of or prior experience using VMware products.
- Prior client-facing work experience.
- Experience with web or application development.
- Experience with the development of Integrated Solutions.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.