New Grad - Business Operations - Americas Renewals Business Associate
Austin, TexasApply Now
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware Academy is a global development program that is designed to fast track new graduates from in-depth training into successful careers within the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. As a part of VMware Academy, you will begin your journey by being immersed in several weeks of collaborative training known as Foundation (classroom) at a designated VMware location. Upon completion of Foundation training, you will return to your home office and move into your role which will include on-the-job training. During this time, you will continue to develop your skills and product knowledge while creating meaningful mentor relationships that will ignite your career. With continued development, manager support, and ongoing mentorships, your growth is limitless. We look forward to seeing you in Worldwide Sales and Services.
Americas Renewals Business Associate:
This position will be a significant hire to the Americas Renewals team, getting insight into a multi-billion-dollar business and providing operational support in all aspects of the Renewals business.
In this role, this person is expected to establish, build, and maintain key day-to-day relationships with the Renewals management team and at times the Field Sales team, partner managers, and channel partners.
This person will be responsible for pulling the data and the building of business quarterly presentation decks, creating tailored presentations targeted at helping the Renewals management team better communicate business changes to the rest of the organization. Subsequently, a requirement of strong skills on Excel, data extraction, and PowerPoint added with a “common sense” approach will be key to the success.
The ideal candidate will be a high performer and have a consistent record of high achievement, high energy, and strong ethic of high work rate. The individual will be happy to work to tight strict deadlines, and this person also will be a good communicator who can work on their own initiatives as well as following management directives. It is essential that this individual is a great teammate as well as a strong individual contributor.
Working using standard PowerPoint VMware templates. Owning the creation of presentation slide decks for internal presentations and for major outbound partner activities. Skills and responsibilities will include data extraction, manipulation of quarter performance, historical performance, and future opportunity outlook. You will be utilizing data extracted from information located in Salesforce.com (SFDC), partner incumbency reports, and XSUS bookings.
Examples of data manipulation using Excel and presentation creation using PowerPoint:
- QBR Presentation decks
- Boil complex data points down to an easy to understand story
- Monthly Short & Snappy presentation deck
- Monthly creation of business performance presentation deck
- Ad hoc presentations for internal and partners presentation
- Engage and align with Americas Renewals management team to provide support to drive up external facing productivity between Renewals and Field Sales & Channel
- Align and work with Americas Renewals Inside Sales teams, channel resellers and distributors in support of renewals sales
- From time to time engage directly with Field Sales RDs to understand their business and how they can better benefit from leveraging the renewals event
- Monitor/measure Renewals team’s productivity between our external vendor and internal team
- Work with marketing to ensure materials can be utilized by the Renewals reps for up-sell/x-sell activities
- Establish a position of being the internal ‘go-to person’ for the Renewals management team
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or relevant field of study
- Ability to engage and have gravitas with executives, peers, and extended teams
- Team player who enjoys working with others in a reciprocal manner
- Passion for excellence and high quality in the finished product; attention to detail is needed to succeed
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and demonstrate a consultative approach with stakeholders and teammates
- Excellent written, verbal communication and social skills, including influencing without authority
- Self-motivated to take ownership of projects and continually looking to improve
- Ability to travel as required
- Available to start in July 2020
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent presentation skills and an active enthusiastic training style, generating and sustaining engagement with your audience
- Comfort with and interest in analytics and diving into root causes / drivers
- Strong critical thinking and pragmatic analytical skills
- Ability to succeed and adapt in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
*This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub