Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Manager, Trade Compliance Operations
Austin, TexasApply Now
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The Manager of Trade Compliance Operations will report to the Sr. Manager, Global Logistics. This specific role will accountable for establishing all trade compliance-related capabilities required in support of the Global Logistics network. This role will work to establish all policies, processes, and tools necessary to fulfill VMW appliances globally. The scope of the role spans: material classification, trade and compliance operations, terms of trade, and cost management (tax optimization). This position will act as both a subject-matter expert (SME) as well as operational support for managing third-party partners. Additionally, the role may have specific supplier management responsibilities.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Deliver a trade compliance operational capability that supports the global logistics network and aligns to the go-to-market strategy for VMW hardware offerings. Drive the evaluation and selection of “best in breed” partners across the value chain that can the deliver the capabilities required to meet VMWare’s objectives. Support the implementation of the global logistics network: network design; implementation of required internal VMW capabilities/systems; onboarding of selected logistics partners. Establish the ongoing VMW support organization; operational metrics; and reporting capabilities necessary to ensure the performance of the VMW global logistics the scope areas identified above. Support the continuing growth of VMW hardware-related offerings by continuous adapting the supply chain consistent with organic global growth, as well as, potential growth in the hardware-related portfolio of products.
This role will regularly collaborate with leaders at all levels of the organization and across a broad range of functional areas. The role may play a role as the primary operational owner for designated suppliers. As such, the role will accountable for handling the contractual relationship, operational performance, and continued optimization opportunities with designated partners.
The role will participate in overall business planning such as NPI, Supply QBRs, etc. and should understand the organization’s supply chain strengths and future capabilities.
Additional expectations for the role:
- Continuous maintenance/adaption of the trade compliance capability.
- Champion a collaborative, problem-solving culture.
- Set departmental goals for meeting scalability and growth needs of the company.
- Develop and maintain policies/process/procedures documentation.
- Plan and advocate for required budgets, resources and other strategic needs.
- Keep abreast of technological advances and identify areas of use
- Proactively identify and mitigate supply chain risk
- Manage necessary compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Support new product introduction collaboration process to also include processes around EOL, Engineering Change and other ODM/OEM related functions.
The role will be based out of Palo Alto, CA, however, will be required to manage third-party staff in global locations. Expected travel for the role is likely to be at least 15%. NOTE: Travel may be heavier during the implementation phase of the supply chain network.
- College degree with Masters or MBA preferred.
- 6-8 years of logistics/operations experience in high technology companies.
- Experience with negotiating and managing third-party suppliers
- Previous experience driving operating model design/implementation
- Previous experience with global ERP implementations
- Should be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution
- Excellent analytical and problem skills are required
- Demonstrate strong communication skills; effective across all levels of leadership including Executive Staff.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.