Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Legal Operations Program Manager
Austin, TexasApply Now
VMware’s Legal Department is a global team of dedicated legal and compliance professionals who share a passion and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate every aspect of VMware’s fast-growing business. We are Fearless Legal Innovators, we lead with strategic solutions, inspire an ethical culture and drive VMware’s success.
The Legal Operations Teams’ primary goal is changing traditional department mindsets to deliver strategic impact to the business. We are responsible for driving efficiency and productivity; implementing a state of the art technology infrastructure utilizing best of breed tools and systems to automate processes; promoting professional development; improving communications globally; providing general business support, including budgeting and benchmarking; increasing the availability of reporting metrics; improving knowledge management capabilities; and managing change. If you are looking to join an energetic team where you can be a team builder, a standout colleague and a leader, all while implementing cutting edge solutions that solve complex operational problems for the Legal Team and company, then you have found the place.
As a Legal Operations Program Manager,
- You will be responsible for assisting with day-to-day operations of the Legal Department, including coordinating business content for Legal Operations’ projects, developing project plan and scheduling projects, compiling and generating reports, drafting and sending out communications, developing and handling compliance with operational processes, coordinating the delivery of training and development initiatives, and providing administrative support to the other members of the Operations team. The projects you will work on will include knowledge management, eBilling and matter management, contracts management, budgeting, training, metrics and reporting, departmental off-sites, goal tracking, quarterly business reviews, and other legal projects.
- You will also be involved in evaluating, testing, training and supporting technology solutions being implemented by the Operations' Team.
- You will help develop cutting edge policies and procedures for projects to achieve maximum efficiency with an expectation to operate in a manner that is consistent with VMware’s core values.
- You have previous knowledge and experience working with Legal organizations, project management and execution skills, success in delivering projects within deadlines and budgets, and in handling competing priorities.
- You are exceptional at working multi-functionally, particularly with professionals in Finance, HR, IT, and Customer Operations (Sales) and comfortable interacting with senior decision-makers and working independently across the organization at multiple levels.
- This role will support/assist Sr. Legal Operations Manager and requires someone who thrives in a fast paced, dynamic culture with many challenges and opportunities. The position will be located in Palo Alto, CA or Austin, TX.
Project Coordination and Management
- Responsible for one or more applications or functional areas related to tools/systems for WW Sales Legal Team, Intellectual Property and Product & Technology Law group, Corporate Securities and M&A, Litigation & Employment, Ethics and Compliance, Global Government Relations, and Privacy teams
- Responsible for supporting business in the listed phases of software development life cycle (SDLC): process definition and reengineering, high and detailed-level requirements gathering, vendor selection, fit/gap analysis, functional design, testing, training, reporting, support, and continuous improvement of business applications
- Facilitate business process review meetings with SME's and refine those processes to maximize business efficiency
- Collect and define functionality, usability, and reliability requirements in partnership with users for the implementation and enhancement of tools/systems
- Partner with key team members by analyzing all requirements to formulate business specifications and translate those into application functionality, deciding when to advocate and when to compromise to arrive at a mutually acceptable solution
- Create high-level (functional) designs that are accurately documented and mapped to business requirements, and communicate those designs to the technical development team
- Document and execute user-acceptance test plans to ensure that the tools/system changes are error-free and meet the approved requirements and designs
- Develop and improve training materials and deliver training and guidance to end-users of the business systems
- Handle projects involving tools/system implementation, upgrades, and process improvements including setting of project timeframes and priorities
- Interact with other staff as needed to ensure smooth and efficient operation of tools/systems, including written correspondence, technical consultations, and meetings
- Support Operations team members on the development of project plans and the co-ordination and collection of business content for department–wide projects
- Become an authority on legal operational challenges and research solutions that are aligned to Company policy and industry standards
- Support the roll out of the Department Technology projects
- Develop and maintain process/project workflows that drive efficiencies
- Active member and contributor to the Operation team, and support the team on other projects, where necessary
Reporting & Analytics
- Assist with operational and reporting activities, including drafting quarterly business review for General Counsel
- Assist in developing best-in-class systems, policies and processes required for maximum efficiency and alignment within the legal department and Company
- An ability and desire to work in a global, fast-paced, and dynamic work environment that requires constant multi-tasking
- Minimum of 8+ years - relevant experience
- A demonstrable understanding of how to develop, implement and enhance processes
- Experience in Change Management Methodology
- Experience with supporting business partners on a global, enterprise tools/systems; extensive experience working in all phases of the SDLC
- Strong analytical skills, able to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amount of information, including financial data, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Project management skills including the ability to define the project scope, establish a timeline, manage resources, communicate status, and lead the delivery of results
- Demonstrated ability to organize information and processes in a logical and efficient manner
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and ability to communicate effectively at all levels within VMware
- Excellent use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize, lead and execute on numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to work multi-functionally and cross-culturally in a flexible, highly complex and varied work environment and handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrable experience as a data analyst
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience including at least 3 years of work in Legal
- Excellent knowledge of the functions and business processes used by in-house corporate legal especially in the areas of contract lifecycle management, litigation hold, trade compliance, patent management, and compliance operations
- Experience with Sales Force, SAP, Think Smart, Tableau, SharePoint, ClicData, Smartsheet, and NetDocuments
- Six Sigma, Lean, or PMI experience/knowledge
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.