Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in General and Administrative
General and Administrative
Junior Contracts Administrator
Austin, TexasApply Now
Job ID R1901703
- We are seeking a Junior Contracts Administrator to work within the VMware Legal Department. The position will be based in VMware’s offices in Austin, Texas. Together with the Senior Contracts Administrator you will jointly serve as the primary point of contact for all VMware, Inc. commercial contract administration activities. You will be an authorized signatory for VMware, Inc., and for select VMware international operating entities. You will arrange for signature and counter-signature of all VMware commercial contracts. You will use VMware’s Salesforce-based Electronic Contract Management System and electronic signature tools such as DocuSign. You will work with various internal departments in a fast-moving environment where you will play a key role in supporting business requirements, particularly at calendar and fiscal quarter-ends. You will have the opportunity to be involved in, identify and/or lead process improvement projects.
- Jointly serve as primary point of contact for all VMware commercial contract administration activities.
- Work in close collaboration with VMware attorneys, the VMware Deal Management Team, VMware Contract Administrators and others in Austin and around the globe.
- Quickly review contracts for many key elements that vary based on contract type.
- Arrange for signature and counter-signature of all VMware commercial contracts using VMware’s Salesforce-based Electronic Contract Management System (ECMS) and third-party electronic signature tools such as DocuSign.
- Creation of various reports and metrics regarding contract executions.
- Collaborate and partner with VMware’s Customer Support team to review, approve and administer VMware’s non-standard license assignment and transfer process.
- Work with VMware’s Legal Process Outsourcer related to the outsourcing of various legal administrative tasks and activities.
- Assist in building and improving contract review and approval workflows.
- Adapt to change and support other legal department projects as may be assigned.
- The candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a contract administrator in a law firm or in-house legal department (or other similar role and environment). However, we will consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this requirement but have demonstrated the ability to perform the job. Most importantly, we are looking for someone detail-oriented and diligent who will commit to help the VMware Legal Department deliver best-in-class legal services.
- Must be enthusiastic, motivated, and able to work independently to meet critical deadlines (especially at quarter-ends), balance competing demands, all within a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and be able to multi-task to meet competing deadlines.
- The role involves interfacing with attorneys and customers from around the globe; the candidate must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Representing the VMware Legal Department, the candidate must have the highest degree of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Must have strong computer literacy skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and Adobe Pro proficient. Experience in DocuSign and Salesforce preferred.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in workflow, responsibilities and tools as the VMware Legal Department strives to continually improve.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.