Inside Sales Representative
Austin, TexasApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
VMware inside sales is based out of Austin, Texas with satellite sites in both Atlanta, Georgia and Reston, Virginia.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is responsible for selling VMware's products and services via telephone, primarily by responding to high volume inbound and outbound calls. The ISR is held accountable for prospecting opportunities, closing sales, and placing orders. The ISR is also responsible for delivering a positive customer experience using the VMware sales model while maximizing revenue and margin generation. The ISR will partner closely with the VMW field team (Outside Sales Executive, SEs, Channel Partners, etc.) to drive the VMware sales strategy.
- Being meticulous isn’t a sound bite; it’s one of your strongest qualities. You enjoy being involved in several projects and are talented at handling expectations and your own time. You love collaborating across teams and are personable, effective and extraordinarily organized
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Leveraging these skills to sell competitive products is something you genuinely enjoy.
- You may have experience working in a high-performance team and thrive in a fast-paced stimulating environment
- You are coachable and open to receiving and acting on feedback to improve results.
- You have an unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and can easily handle ambiguity.
- Previous experience within Sales OR a strong interest in a sales career
- Track record of high achievement within Sales, or a relatable field
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable goals
- Naturally curious and passionate
- The aptitude to master our sales tools, provided training
- A keenly developed high-reaching mindset
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with objections
Benefits of being a VMware employee:
- EPIC2Values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers & Community
- ContinuousLearningandGrowthOpportunities: take advantage of opportunities including course work, training and conferences, and career tracks.
- Engaging,CollaborativeEnvironment: our offices support our culture of innovation and creativity. We have designed our spaces to break down traditional barriers of physical walls and create an environment to promote learning, teamwork and collaboration.
- Peopletakingcareofpeople: Generous vacation, sick time, paid parental leave, and even time you can take to donate your time to a charity of your choosing.
- Wanttoseemore?….take a peek. https://careers.vmware.com/benefits
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub