HR Source Employee Advisor
Austin, TexasApply Now
HR Source Employee Advisors provide front-line HR support and consultation that enables employees to find information, execute transactions, and resolve issues. Employees Advisors make accessing HR support easy and seamless while delivering a positive customer experience in every engagement. We are customer focused, self-motivated, collaborative and have a passion to solve customer issues in an efficient and effective manner.
This position will report into the Manager, HR Source, and will partner closely with the Global HR Services team, HR Management Partners, various COEs including Data Management, Compensation, Benefits, HRIS and GTD to provide HR services for VMware.
- Serve as a primary HR point of contact for all employee and manager HR inquiries
- Build, organize and review knowledge base content
- Respond to employee and manager inquiries through phone, email or messaging systems by accessing a variety of tools and knowledge bases
- Provide superior customer service and HR support to VMware employees and managers
- Help resolve non-standard employee inquiries, identifying the best means to find expert support internally or externally
- Utilize critical thinking skills, HR knowledge and internal knowledge base to support incoming inquiries
- Problem solve and support VMware employees and managers throughout the VMware People Programs
- Be a great partner with the broader HR team
- Document all contacts and outcomes within the case management tool
- Share and improve processes within the HR Source teams and throughout the broader HR organization
- Analyze trends and report results, bringing findings and insights from HR Source to our businesses
- Take on projects as a leader and participant to contribute to making a better HR organization
Experience & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience within the HR field, preferably in a generalist role
- The ability to be self-motivated, collaborative and focus on service delivery, quality and efficiency
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the Human Resources organization
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex HR issues, dealing with and handling confidential information and data
- Ability to handle a high volume of employee contacts daily while maintaining a positive attitude
- Excellent planning and organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high-volume energizing environment where change is constant
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated project and time management skills, and initiative in starting and completing multiple projects
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub