Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Director of Sales Strategy and Planning
Austin, TexasApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
Job Role and Responsibility:
This position will report to the Global Vice President of Sales for Networking and Security. You will support the VP while also partnering with regional sales and technical leaders. This unique role will span across all global segments and markets and will work in partnership across VMware and Dell/EMC leadership teams including regional sales, BU’s and other partners across the sales, operations, strategy, and solutions organizations.
This Director level role is strategic within VMware; one, which will develop over time, based on the current/future needs of the evolving VMware SDN and SDDC business model. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business insight, sales operations experience, BU VMware Solutions knowledge, big-picture thinking, influencing skills and ability to collaborate with a large number of constituents within VMware.
- This is a newly designed role that will require extensive cross-collaboraiton with functional leads in the BU, PSO, Channel, Finance, Marketing, HR and other extended teams
- Be a key advisor to the VP on matters relating to organizational strategy and other strategic projects of high importance as well as represent the VP in their absence
- Collaborate with VMware’s Networking and Security Business Unit (NSBU) to ensure alignment to the Americas GTM strategy
- Leading the process for development of long-term strategy as well as fiscal year goals, set direction and drive resource alignment
- Being responsible for the internal interlock process between SDN sales, NSBU, VMware core teams, and Dell/EMC sales and strategy teams.
- Identify topics for discussion, review and set the agenda for various meetings. e.g. Executive Leadership meetings, GTM /GB Regional meetings, QBR’s.
- Set up HCI Governance and meeting cadence for Executive Leadership Team
- Collect action items from executive meetings and share with staff and presenters.
- Follow through on actions from staff meeting and other critical meetings
- Handle requests that will come to the VP, WW Sales, SDN
- Responsible for defining and program managing key Sales leaders, Account Managers, Channel teams, and SE business functions including:
- Scorecard and Metrics
- Sales, Technical, and Programmatic Validation Process
- Solution (Assessment Led) Selling Process
- Technology Practices
- Prepare for critical internal/external meetings including customer, partner, Dell and E- Staff presentation development.
- Lead SDN/SDDC projects for/with VP, WW Sales, SDN; ensuring proper alignment among all stakeholders and parties involved.
- Work to program manage a communications/feedback process between the Americas field and the VMW business units assigned field liaisons
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time
- 12+ years of work experience in a technology company or related space. Some Management Consulting experience is helpful.
- Strong business skills and knowledge preferably in a software company. Must have deep understanding, for example, of typical software business model, GTM strategies and technology.
- Ability to set and lead multiple priorities judiciously
- You should have a track record of consistently delivering excellent results, even in trying and changing environments.
- Works effectively across teams and cross groups to bring together diverse views in order to establish and accomplish goal and initiatives.
- Has Analytical skills where s(he) is able to identify patterns, process information quickly and make decisions in a timely manner. Ability to sort through data and patterns to identify key issues.
- Leadership ability with broad multidisciplinary technical background
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Excellent eye for business
- Extraordinarily self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
This position is eligible for theGrowSDDCsalesreferral campaign
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.