Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Cloud Services Sales Specialist- Commercial AccountsJob ID R1905337-2 Date posted 04/16/2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The Cloud Services Specialist cover the Commercial sales organization and own sales responsibility for selling the entire VMware Cloud Services including VMware Cloud on AWS to commercial end users. You are responsible for building a strong territory in their assigned geography and achieving a revenue quota target, managing the sales forecasting process, and building a brand around our solutions within your territory. This position will be an overlay cloud sales specialist position that will need to coordinate and work closely with VMware’s core Field and Partner organizations to achieve success and lead interactions with our existing customers. Deep knowledge of the cloud services marketplace, hybrid cloud, IT sales cycles, and VMware’s partner programs and ecosystem will all be essential for success in the role.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- You are accountable for achieving revenue consumption targets for VMware Cloud portfolio.
- You will participate in a weekly forecasting process to provide visibility to VMware’s leadership of sales pipeline status and potential to achieve target bookings, as well as upside and downside risks to achieving target bookings.
- Identify high propensity customers.
- You will drive increased monthly recurring revenue (MRR).
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with core Field and Partner sales leaders to ensure proper engagement with core teams and customers.
- You bring consultative sales experience, especially around the adoption of cloud services in the infrastructure space.
- You will lead qualification for all the leads and sales opportunities for Cloud Services within your territory.
- You are a highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team.
- Able to work across multi-functions/multi-individuals to achieve desired results.
- Will work closely with the Sales Leaders to ensure that Partner and Inside Sales teams are providing sufficient support and on-track to contribute to achieving bookings and pipeline goals.
- Will leverage the SE organization for desired results at top accounts.
- Do you possess 5+ years of sales experience in the IT industry, with Enterprise software and hosted service?
- Do you have knowledge of the IT hosting and cloud services segment.
- Are you able to articulate and evangelize the value of hybrid cloud IT solutions.
- You have experience with new product introductions.
- Strong leadership and Customer Relationship skills.
- Contract negotiation and deal forecasting experience.
- Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, teamwork above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun.
- Do you excel in leading strategic and value selling?
- Consistent record of achieving business objectives in a highly competitive partner channel environment.
- BA/BS degree or higher.
This position is eligible for the JoinVMWCloudonAWS referral campaign.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.