AMER Marketing Business & Strategy Program Manager
Austin, TexasApply Now
Our team mission: The mission of the AMER Business & Strategy team is to clearly communicate data-based actionable intelligence that enable our stakeholders to make the best use possible of their resources to maximize the business outcome. The AMER Business & Strategy team strive to do this in a scalable and consistent way allocating our team resources to those projects that add the most value to the AMER field marketing organization.
Your role: VMware marketing is in the midst of a strategic transformation in terms of organization and the way it goes to market. This position will play a critical role in supporting that transformation by creating the necessary KPI framework and processes to bring the business strategy to market. You will have the opportunity to define and build operational processes to help scale the AMER Field Marketing organization to support VMware becoming a $20B company. You will work cross-functionally with Global Marketing Operation and Enterprise Data and Analytics teams to drive to completion key projects across campaign strategy, lead management, reporting and more in support of the AMER Field marketing team.
In order to be successful in this role you will need to be an analytical minded individual capable with excellent project manager skills capable to manage our reporting tools. This is an exciting opportunity for an intelligent, analytical and driven individual to make highly visible impact in a large, growing technology organization.
- Enable the AMER Field marketing team through providing operational insight and support on campaign strategy & operations, lead management, and reporting.
- Drive program and process optimization in terms of campaign performance, lead management, customer references, executive engagement and overall KPI framework.
- Help define and improve processes AMER Field Marketing uses throughout its different go to market motions by supporting strategic and tactical programs on operational activities/priorities.
- Develop the appropriate operating model between Global Marketing Operations, Enterprise Data and Analytics and AMER Field Marketing to execute the marketing strategy and maximize its results.
- Lead projects across field marketing, marketing operations, IT, and data management to deliver on business requirements.
- Provide clear and timely communication regarding operational project status to relevant stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement in operations through regular analysis of root cause challenges and remediation plan development and implementation.
- Analyze and track program metrics and trends to evaluate success of marketing strategy and provide insights back to the integrated marketing team.
- Represent operations in various cross-functional forums and publish periodic status reports.
- Conduct post project reviews and provide analysis and insights to relevant stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing/sales, preferably B2B (alternatively 6 years of relevant experience plus MBA). Prior experience in marketing performance analysis, marketing operations or strategy consulting very useful.
- Exceptional analytical skills with real passion in using data and quantitative analysis to drive business results. Fluency in B2B marketing and sales analytics. Digital marketing experience would be a bonus.
- Experienced at simultaneously managing different projects. Excels at creating new processes or improving the existing ones.
- Excel at collaboration. Able to work with technical teams to improve analytics reporting while communicating results succinctly to business stakeholders at the same time.
- Natural storyteller with strong communication skills: experience in turning insights into succinct recommendations for a variety of audience from senior executives to practitioner level.
- Structured, discipline, able to manage project independently and seek opportunity to improve results proactively.
- Technical skills: master Excel and Salesforce reporting.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Hands on experience managing programs across Marketing Automation tool (Eloqua preferred) and CRM (SFDC preferred) is a plus.
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions.
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task.
- Highly skilled listener, with the ability to drive the conversation to clarity on wide variety of topics.
- Ability to operate and thrive in ambiguity.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub