Senior Solutions Engineer
Auckland, New ZealandApply Now
Are you ready to make the leap into the cloud era of IT? Do you enjoy thinking about the future of technology and want to help drive innovation? VMware is at the forefront of taking customers on their IT digital transformation journey. As the market leader, we aim to deliver on the benefits of innovation, closely coupled with agility by transforming IT as we know it today. We excel at giving our customers the opportunity to experience the advantages of digital disruption in their industry. This is achieved by using VMware's Software Defined approach to IT. Working collaboratively with sales, marketing and other internal teams our Systems Engineers (SE’s) are a critical component to our customer’s journey towards the digital foundation. Partnering with business leaders, our team takes a consultative approach to business problems, and formulate strategic plans offering groundbreaking experiences. We achieve this through the key business outcomes of; Modernizing the Datacenter, Integrating Public Clouds, Empowering Digital Workforces, and Transforming Security.
VMware is a member of the Dell Technologies family of businesses. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, focus on inclusion, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Systems Engineering engages within a designated territory (Commercial Business) by developing and building strategic relationships across customers and the partner ecosystem. This is accomplished by the creation of detailed solution designs, structured customer technology roadmaps, and by becoming the trusted advisor to the business. With a proficiency in VMware solutions and integrated technologies the Systems Engineer orchestrates the right people internally, and externally. We develop and present a way forward for businesses with a primary focus on digital disruption and innovation. You will do so by engaging with partners, domain experts, and key customer contacts.
Presenting at conferences, becoming a leader with a vision, and supporting the local technical community, are all facets that encompass the role's strength of bringing value back to the customer.
Being a part of the VMware Systems Engineering Community will encourage and motivate you to continually gain skills from multiple sources. Support groups, peers, and formal learning programs will allow you to continually advance your capability both technically, and across the industry.
· You will be responsible for building the technical aspect of the solution throughout the sales process as well as feel at home in a highly performing, autonomous environment.
· You will engage with and assist the sales force with opportunity and solution creation. You will do this by understanding customer business drivers and marrying these up to technology solution sets. This will be key in securing a technology roadmap for clients for years to come.
· Working closely with your sales counterparts, you will aim to yield maximum product and services revenue while maximising customer value. Ensuring superior customer satisfaction is vital to your success in the role.
· You will enjoy the transference of industry-specific technical, and product knowledge to customers, partners and communities.
· Maintaining a deep understanding of competition and industry verticals is essential. You will become adept in the areas of technology, applications, architectures, sales, and strategies.
· You will deliver in-depth technical updates and architectures by analysing technical and business needs, goals, and objectives on an ongoing basis.
· You will achieve a level of advocacy covering Partners, Education, Delivery, Support and Professional Services to support overall customer happiness.
· We live our lives by VMware's EPIC2 values. As such, you will focus on Ethics, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community as the core upon which you do business.
Education and Experience:
· UniversityDegrees; Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Arts, Information Systems, Computer Sciences, or Information Technology, are desirable. Advanced industry certifications in Virtualization, Storage, Networking, Applications are preferred.
· A minimum of 3 - 5 years related IT experience with a history in connecting with customers at the management, senior management or C-level.
· You will have a working knowledge of varying vendors, partners and distribution organisations, with an understanding of sales value models.
· Technical hands-on experience with a focus on cloud solutions such as VMware's vRealize Suite, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or IBM Cloud, is a definite advantage, but not essential. Enterprise Architecture experience coupled with TOGAF certification is also highly desirable.
· A high-energy, self-motivated person who enjoys building relationships with customers and partners, and who has a natural sense of curiosity when it comes to technology is preferred.
· Strong self-starter with a proven record of accomplishment, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub