Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Client Support
Technical Support Engineer
Atlanta, GeorgiaApply Now
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be providing support to customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you are a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical analytical skills; and be someone who welcomes challenges.
- You will resolve customer’s issues via the telephone, email or Webex session
- Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Bring up issues a timely according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Demonstrate internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Build new knowledgebase articles to bring together new learning’s for reuse throughout the organization.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies.
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings,
- Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep understanding of Server PC Architecture
- Experience resolving system crashes and hardware related issues
- Understanding of modern IT production datacenter, hosting operations and End Users ecosystem.
- Desktop operating system configuration, security and optimization.
- Experience with desktop virtualization products/solutions
- Excellent knowledge of Operating Systems including (Windows 2000, 2003, XP / Linux)
- Understanding of computer architectures (server, storage and network)
- Experience Solving problems 3rd party application integration
- Solid skills fixing complex desktop deployments
- Authority level in Microsoft Windows Management
- Windows Enterprise Administration
- Active Directory and GPO implementation
- Sysprep, OS imaging, and automated deployment tools
- General Desktop systems management
- Terminal Services and RDP
- Remote connectivity, Windows networking
- Work experience of 5+ Years in Technical domain
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in providing voice based Technical Support is a key requirement
- Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing will be preferred
- VDI Certification will be an added advantage
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.